Despite what out-of-towners might think, most of what happens in Las Vegas stays in Las Vegas because it’s a decent place to live. Locals know that beyond the four-mile, neon-lit Strip is an abundant selection of neighborhoods and rich amenities for everyday living — parks, trails, good schools, golf courses, shopping districts and more.
Whether you plan to buy, refinance or remodel, a wide array of mortgage companies in Las Vegas competes for your business. Choosing one should involve more than a roll of the dice.
NerdWallet researched national and local Las Vegas mortgage lenders to find some of the best for a variety of borrowers. The following list is a good place to start.
NerdWallet’s best Las Vegas mortgage lenders
These national companies do a lot of business in Las Vegas and are among our top-rated mortgage lenders.
Ideal for borrowers who need to be evaluated on the basis of nontraditional credit. New American Funding offers FHA and VA loans, works with down payment assistance programs, and seeks borrowers whose credit histories don't fit the mold of traditional banking.
Ideal for borrowers who are looking to apply for a mortgage and manage the process through online tools, whether buying or refinancing. Guaranteed Rate offers FHA, VA and USDA loans for borrowers who meet robust guidelines.
Ideal for borrowers who prefer a traditional bank. Bank of America offers a wide array of mortgages and online account management tools. It also has first-time home buyer loans with low down payments and no mandatory mortgage insurance.
» MORE: See more Nevada mortgage lenders
Local mortgage lenders in Las Vegas
Looking for more lenders to check out? The following companies haven’t been reviewed by NerdWallet, but they do a lot of business in Las Vegas, with top market share.
- Membership is available to gaming industry employees and their families.
- Top FHA mortgage lender in Las Vegas.
- Has five Las Vegas-area locations.
- Offers home equity line of credit up to 90% of home value.
- Helps borrowers compare rates and products from multiple lenders.
- Provides online affordability, amortization, monthly payments and refinance calculators.
- Offers an online short application to get a preapproval letter.
- Has a full menu of loan products.
- Offers FHA 203(k) loans for combining a home purchase or a refinance with repairs.
- Offers “fix and flip” loans for investors.
- Offers new construction loans.
- Has a full range of loan products, including jumbo loans.
- Offers a one-time close loan for lot purchase and construction.
- Offers FHA 203(k) home renovation loans.
Best Las Vegas mortgage lenders: Summary
- Caliber Home Loans: Best for first-time home buyers.
- Guild Mortgage: Best for first-time home buyers.
- LoanDepot: Best for FHA loans.
- Navy Federal Credit Union: Best for veterans.
- New American Funding: Best for borrowers with low credit score.
- Vylla: Best for borrowers with low credit score.
- Rocket Mortgage: Best for online convenience.
- Guaranteed Rate: Best for online convenience.
- Bank of America: Best for home equity borrowers.
- Flagstar Bank: Best for home equity borrowers.
- WestStar Credit Union: Top local Las Vegas lender.
- All Western Mortgage: Top local Las Vegas lender.
- Finance of America: Top local Las Vegas lender.
- Evergreen Home Loans: Top local Las Vegas lender.
More from NerdWallet: