NerdWallet offers financial tools and advice to help you understand your options and make the best possible decisions. The guidance we offer and information we provide are deeply researched, objective and independent.
We spent over 400 hours reviewing the top mortgage lenders before selecting the best for our readers. We’ve picked at least two lenders in several "best of" categories to help you find a lender that meets your needs.
If you’re looking for the best mortgage lenders in Colorado, we’ve done the research. NerdWallet compared the state’s leading lenders, then identified the best ones for a variety of specific loan needs.
Whether you’re shopping for a condo in Denver, a classic ranch on the Eastern plains or a low-rate refinance on the Western Slope, these lenders are a solid place to start shopping.
Best Colorado mortgage lenders for first-time home buyers
These lenders have products and services — including low down payment options from the FHA and VA — to help Colorado’s first-time home buyers.
- Is the largest FHA lender in the nation
- A full complement of mortgage products for buying and refinancing
- Rocket Mortgage, from Quicken Loans, allows completion of the mortgage process entirely online
- Quicken Loans review
- Offers a full line of purchase mortgages, including FHA and VA loans
- Has low down payment options that don’t require private mortgage insurance
- Available in all 50 states
- CitiMortgage review
Best Colorado mortgage lenders for refinancing
Want to take advantage of home equity, lower your monthly payment or shorten your loan term? These Colorado lenders have the refinance options you need.
- Offers a variety of refinance loans and home equity loans
- Is rolling out an $80 million technology upgrade
- Gives discounts and reimbursements for certain closing costs to repeat refinance customers
- LoanDepot mortgage review
- Offers refinance mortgages with no origination fees or broker commissions
- Minimum 620 credit score qualification
- Automated suggestion engine helps find ways to lower a rate
- Lenda review
Best online mortgage lenders in Colorado
Skip the time-consuming meetings, snail mail and other 20th-century loan practices with these digitally savvy Colorado lenders.
- Biggest online mortgage lender in the U.S.
- Automated process imports employment and income data, credit scores, property information and more
- Gives a loan decision in minutes
- Rocket Mortgage review
- Has hundreds of high marks and positive reviews on sites such as the Better Business Bureau, LendingTree and Yelp
- Boasts a more than 95% customer satisfaction rate
- Provides a digital mortgage platform for both refinance and purchase customers
- Guaranteed Rate review
Best Colorado mortgage lenders for weak credit
These lenders have options — including down payment assistance and manual underwriting — to help Coloradans overcome low credit scores.
- Uses manual underwriting to evaluate borrowers, which allows more flexibility to approve loans
- Offers a broad range of loans, including FHA, fixed-rate and adjustable-rate mortgages; minimum score 580
- Offers multiple down payment assistance and grant programs
- New American Funding review
- Specializes in loans to borrowers with lower credit scores, minimum scores 550 in some cases
- Offers down payment assistance programs through housing authorities in some states
- Requires online education course for borrowers
- Carrington Mortgage review
Best Colorado mortgage lenders for face-to-face service
These Colorado lenders offer multiple branch locations if you’re a borrower looking for a human touch.
- Offers a full range of mortgage products, including conventional, ARMs, jumbo and government-backed
- Alternative credit sources are considered in some cases
- Borrowers with U.S. Bank Platinum checking accounts may qualify for a $1,000 mortgage fee discount
- U.S. Bank mortgage review
- Affordable Loan Solution loan program offers a down payment of just 3%, with no mortgage insurance
- A physician loan program assists doctors who are short on a down payment, but have strong earning potential
- Current bank customers might qualify for reduced fees
- Bank of America mortgage review
Best Colorado mortgage lenders: summary
- Quicken Loans: First-time home buyers
- CitiMortgage: First-time home buyers
- LoanDepot: Refinancing
- Lenda: Refinancing
- Rocket Mortgage: Online experience
- Guaranteed Rate: Online experience
- New American Funding: Low credit score
- Carrington Mortgage: Low credit score
- U.S. Bank: Face-to-face service
- Bank of America: Face-to-face service