If you live in Nevada, two things are likely: You know how to pronounce the state’s name — and you love living there. If you’re looking to buy a home, refinance your mortgage or tap your home’s equity, you’ll want a lender that is knowledgeable about the state and can suit your needs.
Lenders may strive to be all-things-to-all-borrowers, but they typically have specialties. We’ve boiled down the best Nevada mortgage lenders in five in-demand categories for Silver State residents.
Best Nevada mortgage lenders for first-time home buyers
If you’re looking for help in cracking the code to homeownership, these Nevada lenders prioritize first-time buyers.
- One of Nevada’s top five lenders, based on volume, in every category of government-backed loans, often essential to first-time buyers
- Assists first-time buyers to locate state and municipal bond programs
- Top-rated for customer satisfaction, according to J.D. Power
- Guild Mortgage review
- Works with borrowers to find state and local down payment assistance programs
- Doesn’t use an automated loan decision process, which may allow for more flexibility
- Offers English/Spanish bilingual assistance, a definite plus for Nevada’s 28% Hispanic population
- New American Funding review
Best Nevada mortgage lenders for home equity borrowers
Nevada home values have nearly doubled in recent years. These lenders can help you access your home’s newfound equity.
- Offers a quarter-point discount for HELOC payments drawn from Bank of America checking or savings accounts
- No fees or closing costs on lines up to $1 million
- Borrowers can convert an adjustable-rate HELOC to a fixed-rate loan
- Bank of America mortgage review
- Offers flexible-withdrawal lines of credit as well as lump-sum home equity loans
- Allows a discounted rate on a HELOC for the first six months
- No upfront costs or fees on fixed-rate home equity loans
- U.S. Bank mortgage review
Best Nevada mortgage lenders for borrowers with lower credit scores
These Nevada lenders are willing to work with borrowers who may have had a financial setback or two.
- Minimum required credit score of 500.
- Caters to borrowers whom other lenders may consider risky
- Free rate locks.
- Vylla review
- Considers alternative credit data such as utility bills and rental payment histories
- The leading lender in Nevada for rural development loans, accounting for over a quarter of all USDA loans in the state
- Paperless loan application and document upload
- Guild Mortgage review
Best online mortgage lenders in Nevada
These lenders focus on online capabilities, allowing you to apply anytime and anywhere.
- The mobile app of Quicken Loans, the leading online home loan lender in Nevada
- Loan approval takes just minutes
- Much of the information required can be downloaded or is prepopulated
- Rocket Mortgage review
- A fully online mortgage process
- Shows your credit scores from the three primary credit bureaus
- Users can securely upload and digitally sign loan documents
- Guaranteed Rate review
Best Nevada mortgage lenders for refinancing
If you still have some room to improve your mortgage interest rate or want new loan terms, these lenders are among the best for Nevadans.
- Refinance once and never pay lender fees on subsequent refinances
- Government-backed refinancing, such as VA, USDA and FHA mortgages, are all available
- Has grown to be a top-five lender in Nevada, based on loan volume
- LoanDepot review
- Many loans require a 620 credit score; typical borrower has FICO score just over 720
- Offers live chat and Saturday customer service hours
- A dedicated loan officer assists you through the loan application process
- Flagstar Bank review
Best Nevada mortgage lenders: summary
- Guild Mortgage: Best for first-time home buyers
- New American Funding: Best for first-time home buyers
- Bank of America: Best for home equity
- U.S. Bank: Best for home equity
- Vylla: Best for lower credit
- Guild Mortgage: Best for lower credit
- Rocket Mortgage: Best for online experience
- Guaranteed Rate: Best for online experience
- LoanDepot: Best for refinancing
- Flagstar Bank: Best for refinancing