With so many websites offering free financial tools, it can be hard to know whom to trust. At NerdWallet, we thoroughly research financial products and companies, and adhere to strict standards of editorial integrity to find you the best choices. We even share how we make money so you can rely on our expert advice and recommendations with clarity and confidence.
How much is a PenFed Point worth? 1.00 cent per point. $50 gift cards start at 5,000 points, though they are a bit limited.
- Gift Cards start at $50 for 5,000 points. Options are a bit more limited than other programs we’ve reviewed, but include enough popular destination that we feel comfortable not discounting PenFed Points’ value.
- Restaurants – Dave & Busters, Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Chili’s, Macaroni Grill, and Panera.
- Retailers – Borders, Foot Locker, Talbots, and Bath & Body Works.
- Travel – starts at 10,000 points for a $100 gift card. Participants include American Airlines, Avis, Budget, Carnival Cruises, Fairmont, Hertz, and Hyatt Hotels.
- Points expire 5 years after they are earned. Account must be in “good standing” to redeem points.
Check out the PenFed rewards website.
›› MORE: Reviews of major rewards programs