At this time each year, retailers deeply discount sheets, comforter sets, towels and more in sweeping events called white sales.
Here’s the lowdown on these annual January bedding sales, including where to shop some of the best ones right now.
What are white sales?
Department store pioneer John Wanamaker spearheaded the first January white sale in 1878 as a way to move inventory and entice shoppers, according to PBS, and retailers have been discounting linens in January ever since.
Retailers, including department stores and online marketplaces, carry on the white sale legacy. Today, you can also find other household necessities such as kitchen utensils included in these home sales.
Which white sales can you shop now?
Over the next few weeks, expect home sales to abound at your favorite stores. Ready to outfit your bedroom with a fresh new look right now? Here are nine of the best white sales underway.
- Hayneedle: Through Jan. 14, shop the white sale for an extra 10% to 20% off fashion bedding, bed sheets, quilts and more.
- Ikea: Through Jan. 10, save up to 50% on select Nordruta sheet sets. Some bed frames and bath storage styles are also on sale.
- Joss & Main: Get up to 60% off patterned and multicolored bedding picks.
- Kmart: Shop a variety of deals on sheets, bath towels, pillows and more. Plus, online only, take an extra 10% off home goods with code SAVENOW.
- Overstock: The online marketplace is offering up to 70% off as part of the Winter White Blowout.
- Pottery Barn: Save 20% on bedding, towels and more.
- Sears: Get 50% off select Colormate comforter sets, plus use code SAVINGS for an extra 10% off.
- Serena & Lily: Find savings between 30% and 70% off in a variety of categories as part of the Winter Tent Sale.
- West Elm: Score 20% off bedding, pillows and throws.
For more ways to save this month, check out our list of what to buy (and skip) in January.