NerdWallet provides you with the latest and greatest deals of the Black Friday 2013 ads. If you don’t see your favorite retailer yet, fear not—check back with us soon!
Bealls Black Friday 2013
The ad for Bealls’ 2013 Black Friday event is now available, and shoppers will be able to take advantage of not only deep discounts in every department, but special coupons as well. This 48-page release touts hundreds of doorbusters that will be available starting at 8 pm on Thanksgiving night and 7 am on Black Friday. Bealls’ ad also contains several coupons, with deals so great you’ll have to see them to believe them!
As if coupons and sale prices weren’t enough, the first 100 customers at each store on Thursday will receive a Surprise Scratch-Off Gift Card worth anywhere from $10 to $100 dollars or an iPad mini! On Friday, 1 of the first 200 customers in line at each store will win a Bealls lifetime 20% discount. Be sure to check out Bealls’ ad scan for details!
Bealls Florida Black Friday Ad Scans
Bealls Best Black Friday Deals 2013
Bealls’ best Black Friday deals for 2013 include:
Apparel & Accessories
- George & Martha or Windham Pointe Men’s Shorts: $9.99 (Reg. $34-$42)
- Men’s PGA Tour Sportswear: 50% off
- Men’s Slippers 50% off
- Men’s Sportsshirts or Dress Shirts: 50% off
- Young Men’s Graphic Tees: $9.99 (Reg. $20)
- Skye’s the Limit Misses’ Sportswear: 50% off
- Misses’, Petites’, and Women’s Dresses: 40% off
- Ladies’ Sleepwear and Loungewear: 50% off
- Entire Stock of Maidenform, Warner’s, Bali, or Vanity Fair Bras: $16.99
- Assorted Ladies’ Boots: $19.99-$39.99
- Boys’, Grils’, Young Men, and Junior Select Tees: $4.99
- All Handbags & Hangbag Accessories: 30%-50% off
Kids & Family
- Kids’ Hello Kitty Apparel: 50% off
- All Kids’ Hoodies & Fleece: 50% off
- All OshKosh & Carter’s Apparel: 55%
- Kids’ Sleepwear, Robes, and Slippers: 50% off
- Carter’s Playwear: 55% off
- All Team Tees: $9.99
- All Reel Legends Fleece: $9.99
- Ladies’ Watches: 50% off
- Sterling Silver Jewelry or Fine Silver Plate Boxed Jewelry: 60% off
- Mattel, Hasbro, Fisher-Price, Disney, Playskool, Mega Bloks, and Hot Wheels toys: 50% off
- Crafts and Science Kits: 50% off
Home & Other
- Pyrex 12-pc. Simply Set: $14.99 (Reg. $44.99)
- KitchenAid Classic Stand Mixer: $229.99 ($199.99 w/mail-in rebate; Reg. $299.99)
- Shark Professional Steam Pocket Hard Surface Floor Cleaner: $49.99 (Reg. $99.99)
- Entire Stock of Luggage: 60% off
Bealls Florida, the clothing and home furnishings retailer, opened its doors at midnight Black Friday 2012. From midnight until 1pm Friday afternoon, over 475 “Beall-ringers”—their fancy way of saying doorbusters—were available and advertised in the ad. The department store’s sale itself lasted until Saturday night and was available both in-store and online. In what is usually the opposite order for stores, Bealls’s online sale started all day Thursday, before the in-store Black Friday deals.
Nevertheless, there were numerous incentives to shop in the store—the free stuff! Let’s take a quick look at what Bealls Florida offered to those dedicated to be up at non-traditional hours to shop:
- a scratch-off card to the first 100 customers in line at Friday midnight for a chance to win a 16GB WiFi Tablet, $100 gift card, or $5 Bealls Bucks
- a free Christmas ornament at 6am Friday morning
- free $10 “Bealls Bucks” coupons for every $50 spent; the coupons were redeemable Saturday (Nov. 24) thru Monday (Nov. 26)
Diving into the contents of the 2012 ad, we see that many deals listed when they were available, whether it was between the hours of midnight and 1pm on Friday (the first wave) or after 1pm (the second wave). Most deals changed after that time—but were still deals. In the jewelry department, for instance, $14.99 was the price for the silver plated boxed jewelry during the first 13 hours, but after 1pm, the jewelry went up $5. Nevertheless, the original price was $50, so the buyer either got 70% off or 60% off. This trend continued into clothes, kitchenware, dining products, and more throughout the ad. Dress shirts, ties and dress slacks for men were 55% for the first 13 hours and then 40% after 1pm.
Clothing was definitely a highlight of the Black Friday sales at Bealls. One of the steals was definitely the $3.99 Tees for Juniors, regularly priced at $14. The second-wave price (after 1pm) for the Tees was $5.99. The great thing about Bealls’s selection was its wide appeal—collegiate sweaters, an uncommon sight at department stores, were alongside athletic gear, sleepwear, winter apparel, and children’s clothes.
Bealls really had very much to offer for its Black Friday bash. Even children’s toys had quite a few deals, like the $4.99 Barbie Dolls. And if one was looking for the occasional big-ticket electronic, there was the 7” Polaroid Tablet with 6-piece bonus set went for $89.99, regularly priced at $199.99. After 1pm, though, that 55% off turned into a 40% off discount at $119.99.
Bealls Black Friday Store Hours
Bealls Florida will open at 4 PM on Thursday, 7 AM on Friday and 8 AM on Saturday. For other store hours, check out our Black Friday store hours page.