NerdWallet is here to help you win Black Friday, while leaving your budget intact. We spend the time, you save the money. Visit regularly for holiday tips and announcements about your favorite products. Black Friday is Nov. 29.
Black Friday is consistently one of the best times to save money on an iPhone. The top doorbuster deals from retailers and cell phone carriers include new and past years’ models discounted by hundreds of dollars or bundled with bonus gift cards. Some deals come with caveats, however, such as specific network or plan requirements. Here’s what else to know before you shop for an iPhone.
Best Black Friday iPhone deals, 2019
- AT&T: Get an iPhone XR (64GB) for free after statement credits when you activate a new line on a qualifying plan. Deal available November 22 through December 5.
- Target: Get a $200 Target gift card with qualified activation of an iPhone 11 or iPhone Xs (various versions) with Verizon or AT&T. Deal starts on Black Friday at 7 a.m. and runs through Dec. 1.
- Best Buy: Up to $500 off a new iPhone 11 or 11 Pro with qualified activation and trade-in through AT&T, Verizon or Sprint.
- T-Mobile: Get a free iPhone 8 when you activate a new voice line and trade in a qualifying older iPhone.
- Walmart: Get a $450 Walmart eGift when you buy a new iPhone XS and activate it on a purchase installment plan with AT&T, Sprint or Verizon. Gift cards also available for the iPhone XS Max or XR ($400) and the iPhone 11, 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max ($300). Earn up to $250 more on a separate eGift card when you trade in an eligible phone.
Best Black Friday iPhone deals, 2018
Last year, big-box stores offered some of the best discounts and deals on iPhones old and new. Highlights included:
- Target shoppers could get a $250 Target gift card with iPhone XS or XS Max activation on Verizon, Sprint or AT&T networks.
- Best Buy slashed iPhone prices by up to $200.
- Walmart gave in-store shoppers on select networks a $400 Walmart gift card free with purchase of the iPhone 8, 8 Plus or X.
Some deals were available earlier than others. For example, while Target’s gift card bundles launched at 7 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 23, Walmart’s iPhone promotion kicked off at 6 p.m. on Nov. 22.