NerdWallet is here to help you win Black Friday while leaving your budget intact. We spend the time, you save the money. Visit regularly for holiday tips and announcements about your favorite products. Black Friday is Nov. 29.
Ugg makes a variety of stylish footwear, but is best known for its cozy, classic sheepskin boot — always a big draw during the cold holiday season. While we didn’t see a ton of deals on the name brand version, we did spot a few lookalikes that might be worth adding to your Black Friday shopping list.
Best Black Friday Ugg deals, 2019
- Select women’s boots are on sale for $19.99 (regularly $60-$80) at JCPenney, with a handful resembling the cozy shearling style that Ugg is known for.
- George genuine suede slippers, much like the beloved Ugg versions, are on sale at Walmart for $7 (save $6.88).
- At Target, score a doorbuster deal on toddlers’ and kids’ lookalike Uggs — $10 for boots, which is a savings of up to $14.99.
- Nordstrom has the real deal Ugg brand Marciela II Boot in select colors on sale for $119.90 (regularly $174.95) while supplies last.
How to decide if it’s worth it
If you’ve had your eye on a cozy pair of shearling boots for a while, now might be a good time to pick up a pair, especially if you plan on wearing them this winter. But if you’re willing to hold off, you might see steeper discounts in the spring and summer when winter apparel is typically marked down.
How to budget for Ugg
As with any bigger ticket purchase, you’ll need to earmark that specific expense as part of the “wants” category within your monthly budget. If you’re following the 50/30/20 budgeting system, no more than 30% of your income should be spent on wants. So, if you plan on splurging on the $119 Uggs at Nordstrom, make sure that extra expense doesn’t put you over the edge.
Use our handy calculator to help you keep your budget on track.
Best Black Friday Ugg deals, 2018
In the past, we’ve seen notable discounts on select Ugg styles and colors, namely boots. Last year’s top bargains included:
- Up to 60% off styles through Ugg Closet.
- 25% off women’s Ugg boots at Macy’s.
- 25% off women’s and kids’ Koolaburra by Ugg suede boots and slippers at Kohl’s.
Shoppers could also find similar styles from other brands on sale at retailers like J.C. Penney and Target.