Bank of America takes care of its bank account holders who also are in the business of racking up travel rewards. Here are two key things to remember about accumulating points for travel with the Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card.
10% points bonus: Cardholders of the Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card earn 1.5 points per dollar spent. But cardholders who also have a Bank of America® checking or savings account are eligible for a 10% points bonus, which makes the rewards rate 1.65%. Additionally, cardholders earn 3 points per dollar at the Bank of America® Travel Center.
Investment rewards: Members of the Preferred Rewards Program can earn even more, though. Cardholders can earn a 25%-75% bonus if their combined balance across Bank of America®, Merrill Edge and Merrill Lynch accounts hits certain tiers.
- Gold: Cardholders must have a combined balance of at least $20,000 to earn a 25% bonus.
- Platinum: Cardholders must have a combined balance of at least $50,000 to earn a 50% bonus.
- Platinum Honors: Cardholders must have a combined balance of at least $100,000 to earn a 75% bonus.
And here’s why our Nerds love this Bank of America card for booking travel and maximizing existing Bank of America accounts:
How to maximize your rewardsYou want a travel credit card that prioritizes what’s important to you. Here are our picks for the best travel credit cards of 2019, including those best for:
- Airline miles and a large bonus: The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- No annual fee: The Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card
- Flat-rate rewards with no annual fee: The Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card
- Premium travel rewards: The Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- Luxury perks: The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Business travelers: The Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card
Planning a trip? Check out these articles for more inspiration and advice:
5 top perks of the Bank of America Travel Rewards credit card
Bank of America credit cards mobile app review
Fall 2018 hotel points promotions: Which ones are worth your time?