Bank of America takes care of its bank account holders who also are in the business of racking up travel rewards. Here’s a key thing to remember about accumulating points for travel with the Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card.
Investment rewards: Cardholders of the Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card earn 1.5 points per dollar spent. Members of the Preferred Rewards Program can earn even more, though. Cardholders can earn a 25%-75% bonus if their combined balance across Bank of America®, Merrill accounts hits certain tiers.
- Gold: Cardholders must have a combined balance of at least $20,000 to earn a 25% bonus.
- Platinum: Cardholders must have a combined balance of at least $50,000 to earn a 50% bonus.
- Platinum Honors: Cardholders must have a combined balance of at least $100,000 to earn a 75% bonus.
Additionally, cardholders earn 3 points per dollar at the Bank of America® Travel Center.
And here’s why our Nerds love this Bank of America card for booking travel and maximizing existing Bank of America accounts:
How to maximize your rewardsYou want a travel credit card that prioritizes what’s important to you. Here are our picks for the best travel credit cards of 2019, including those best for:
- Airline miles and a large bonus: The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- No annual fee: The Wells Fargo Propel American Express® card
- Flat-rate rewards with no annual fee: The Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card
- Premium travel rewards: The Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- Luxury perks: The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Business travelers: The Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card
Planning a trip? Check out these articles for more inspiration and advice:
5 top perks of the Bank of America Travel Rewards credit card
Bank of America credit cards mobile app review
Fall 2018 hotel points promotions: Which ones are worth your time?