Bank of America takes care of its bank account holders who also are in the business of racking up travel rewards. Here are two key things to remember about accumulating points for travel with the Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card.
10% points bonus: Cardholders of the Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card earn 1.5 points per dollar spent. But cardholders who also have a Bank of America® checking or savings account are eligible for a 10% points bonus, which makes the rewards rate 1.65%. Additionally, cardholders earn 3 points per dollar at the Bank of America® Travel Center.
Investment rewards: Members of the Preferred Rewards Program can earn even more, though. Cardholders can earn a 25%-75% bonus if their combined balance across Bank of America®, Merrill Edge and Merrill Lynch accounts hits certain tiers.
- Gold: Cardholders must have a combined balance of at least $20,000 to earn a 25% bonus.
- Platinum: Cardholders must have a combined balance of at least $50,000 to earn a 50% bonus.
- Platinum Honors: Cardholders must have a combined balance of at least $100,000 to earn a 75% bonus.
And here’s why our Nerds love this Bank of America card for booking travel and maximizing existing Bank of America accounts:
How to maximize your rewardsYou want a travel credit card that prioritizes what’s important to you. Here are our picks for the best travel credit cards of 2018, including those best for:
- Airline miles and a large bonus: Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card (Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®).
- Flat-rate travel rewards: Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card (Earn unlimited 2 miles per dollar on every purchase).
- Premium travel rewards: Chase Sapphire Reserve® (Get 3 points per dollar on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide and 1 point per dollar on all other purchases).
- No annual fee: Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card (Earn unlimited 1.5 points per dollar spent on all purchases, with no annual fee).
- Luxury perks: The Platinum Card® from American Express (Get 5 points per dollar on flights booked directly with airlines or through American Express Travel, plus get access to the Global Lounge Collection). Terms Apply.
Planning a trip? Check out these articles for more inspiration and advice:
5 top perks of the Bank of America Travel Rewards credit card
Bank of America credit cards mobile app review
Fall 2018 hotel points promotions: Which ones are worth your time?