Aw nerds! Looks like this page may be out of date. You can still check out our list of the Best Travel Credit Cards.
Have you ever bought an item only to have it break a week later? Not in the, “Wow, that was terribly made” kind of way, but in the “Oops, it hit the concrete floor” kind of way.
Well, the Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Credit Card may have a fix for you, because this travel rewards credit card comes with purchase protection.
What does purchase protection cover?
- New items purchased in the last 120 days
- Items either damaged or stolen
- Up to $500 per claim
- Up to $50,000 per account
Let that sink in: Up to $50,000 per account. And while we hope you don’t end up breaking that much in new purchases, it’s nice to know you’re covered.
Get familiar with the purchase protection policies that some other cards offer, as well.
Restrictions may apply and documentation may be required.
» Learn more: Find the best hotel credit card for you
NerdWallet does not guarantee promotions, prices or dates. They are subject to change or expiration.
How to maximize your rewardsYou want a travel credit card that prioritizes what’s important to you. Here are our picks for the best travel credit cards of 2020, including those best for:
- Airline miles and a large bonus: The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- No annual fee: The Wells Fargo Propel American Express® card
- Flat-rate rewards with no annual fee: The Bank of America® Travel Rewards Visa® credit card
- Premium travel rewards: The Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- Luxury perks: The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Business travelers: The Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card
Planning a trip? Check out these articles for more inspiration and advice:
Why credit card ‘side perks’ are disappearing
6 credit cards that offer cell phone insurance
Marriott Rewards Program: The complete guide