If you’re a traveler who has thought about getting into travel rewards but feels limited by restrictions, the Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card might change your mind.
This card is great for the flexible traveler who wants to earn points without worrying about expiration dates or redemption limitations.
Use points on attractions at your destination
Travel rewards aren’t only good for booking air travel.
For travelers who may drive to their destination, Bank of America® Travel rewards offer great options for redeeming points once you arrive.
In addition to redeeming rewards for flights, hotels and cruises, these points can be used for just about anything you might want to do on vacation. Use them to attend carnivals, visit art galleries, zoos and aquariums, and even access parking lots and garages at your destination.
» Learn more: If you bank with Bank of America®, you need this card
The ‘no’ flexibility features
Usually, the word “no” means restrictions and limitations, but these “no” features allow you to travel with flexibility.
This card has no annual fees, no foreign transaction fees and no blackout dates.
As well, Bank of America® travel points never expire. This means you don’t have to panic if you aren’t sure what to do with your points. As long as your account is open, there’s no pressure to use points until you’re ready.
Simple ways to earn more points
If you use a Bank of America® checking or savings account, the bank gives you a 10% points bonus on rewards redemption. In other words, non-account holders earn 1.5 points for every dollar spent, while an account holder would earn 1.65 points per dollar spent. If you’re a Preferred Rewards member, you could increase that bonus to 25% – 75%.
And don’t forget about the card’s welcome bonus: 25,000 online bonus points if you make at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening - that can be a $250 statement credit toward travel purchases.
How to maximize your rewardsYou want a travel credit card that prioritizes what’s important to you. Here are our picks for the best travel credit cards of 2018, including those best for:
- Airline miles and a large bonus: Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card (Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®).
- Flat-rate travel rewards: Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card (Earn unlimited 2 miles per dollar on every purchase).
- Premium travel rewards: Chase Sapphire Reserve® (Get 3 points per dollar on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide and 1 point per dollar on all other purchases).
- No annual fee: Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card (Earn unlimited 1.5 points per dollar spent on all purchases, with no annual fee).
- Luxury perks: The Platinum Card® from American Express (Get 5 points per dollar on flights booked directly with airlines or through American Express Travel, plus get access to the Global Lounge Collection). Terms Apply.
Planning a trip? Check out these articles for more inspiration and advice:
Bank of America Travel Rewards review: Easy rewards for easy travel
5 top perks of the Bank of America Travel Rewards credit card
The best travel credit cards of 2018