Sprint is hoping to merge with T-Mobile, but the agreement still has several hurdles to clear. Until then, it’s business as usual for Sprint customers. The carrier offers a range of unlimited data plans, plus a 2 gigabyte plan for those who don’t need much data. Sprint’s network generally falls in the third place among the Big Four, according to the latest RootMetrics report.
AT A Glance
- Plans start at $45 for 6GB.
- Notable: Subscriptions to Hulu, Tidal and Amazon Prime included with some unlimited plans.
Sprint cell phone plans
Sprint offers one non-unlimited plan: 6GB for $45. You can save $5 per month if you opt for automatic payments.
This plan is only available when you activate a new account and purchase a new phone for $450 or less, which eliminates popular new releases like the iPhone 11, Samsung Note10+ and Google Pixel 4.
» COMPARE: Best cell phone plans
Sprint unlimited plans
Sprint also offers four unlimited plans; adding features at each pricing tier. You can save $5 per month on any unlimited plan if you opt for automatic payments.
- Unlimited Kickstart ($40): This plan is only available to new customers who bring their own phone or buy one at full retail price, and is being offered for a limited time. Kickstart does not include mobile hot spot access and is not eligible for any family plan discounts. Video streams in standard definition.
- Unlimited Basic ($65): Streaming limited to standard definition, or at a 480 pixel display. Mobile hot spot limited to 500MB of high-speed data, which is easy to burn through. International features include 5GB of high-speed data, as well as unlimited talk and text, to use in Canada and Mexico. A Hulu subscription is also included in plan.
- Unlimited Plus ($75): Includes 50GB of high-speed mobile hot spot usage per month. Video streaming is in HD. International features include 10GB of high-speed data, as well as unlimited talk and text, to use in Canada and Mexico. Hulu and Tidal streaming subscriptions are also included with the Plus plan.
- Unlimited Premium ($85): Includes 100GB of high-speed mobile hot spot usage per month. Video streaming is in HD. Unlimited talk, text and high-speed data available in Canada and Mexico. Includes subscriptions to Amazon Prime, Hulu and Tidal, as well as the mobile security app Lookout.
Sprint Family Plans
You can have up to five lines on one plan and can mix and match between unlimited plans; pricing varies depending on your selection. Learn more about Sprint’s family plans.
Sprint unlimited plan: How it compares on price
Prices listed are for the least expensive plan when more than one unlimited plan is available. The pricing doesn’t include taxes, fees or autopay discounts.
|Monthly price comparison||1 line||2 lines||3 lines||4 lines|
|*Restricted LTE data download speeds.|