The Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card is a big player in the travel card space: You get rich travel rewards, a big sign-up bonus and flexible redemption options all wrapped into one card. Another plus? You get to skip the annual fee for the first year.
Sizable sign-up bonus
The Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card’s sign-up bonus is impressive: Enjoy a one-time bonus of 50,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $500 in travel. That compares favorably with other travel rewards cards, especially when you consider you don’t pay the annual fee until the second year. The annual fee is $0 for the first year, then $95.
• Benefits of the Alaska Airlines credit card
• Benefits of the American Express Gold Card
• Benefits of the American Express Platinum Card
• Benefits of the Bank of America Travel Rewards card
• Benefits of the Capital One Savor cards
• Benefits of the Capital One Venture card
• Benefits of the Capital One Quicksilver card
• Benefits of the Capital One Platinum card
• Benefits of the Chase Freedom and Freedom Unlimited cards
• Benefits of the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card
• Benefits of the Chase Sapphire Reserve card
• Benefits of the Citi Costco credit card
• Benefits of Citi Double Cash Card
• Benefits of Delta Air Lines credit cards
• Benefits of the Discover it Cash Back and Balance Transfer cards
• Benefits of Marriott Bonvoy credit cards
• Benefits of Southwest Airlines credit cards
• Benefits of United Airlines credit cards
High ongoing rewards rate
You’ll collect miles at a healthy clip by using the card for everyday purchases: Cardholders earn 2 miles per $1 on all purchases. And if you book your hotel stays through hotels.com/venture; you’ll earn 10X miles per $1 spent through January 2020.
Flexible redemption options
You can use your miles, which don’t expire for the life of the account, to fly on any airline or stay at any hotel, and there are no blackout dates. You can also transfer your miles to over a dozen travel loyalty programs. That’s a lot of options for travelers who enjoy flying on different airlines and changing up which hotels they stay in.
Other travel perks
The Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card charges no foreign transaction fee and also offers up to $100 in credit toward the application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Precheck. And as with other Capital One credit cards, cardholders have rental car insurance coverage and travel accident insurance.