The Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card is a big player in the travel card space: You get rich travel rewards, a big sign-up bonus and flexible redemption options all wrapped into one card. Another plus? You get to skip the annual fee for the first year.
1. High ongoing rewards rate
You’ll collect miles at a healthy clip by using the card for everyday purchases: Cardholders earn 2 miles per $1 on all purchases.
2. Sizable sign-up bonus
The Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card’s sign-up bonus is impressive: Enjoy a one-time bonus of 50,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $500 in travel. That compares favorably with other travel rewards cards, especially when you consider you don’t pay the annual fee until the second year. The annual fee is $0 intro for the first year, then $95.
3. Flexible redemption options
You can use your miles, which don’t expire for the life of the account, to fly on any airline or stay at any hotel, and there are no blackout dates. You can also transfer your miles to over a dozen travel loyalty programs. That’s a lot of options for travelers who enjoy flying on different airlines and changing up which hotels they stay in.
Travel perks and protections
4. No foreign transaction fees
Because the Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card doesn’t charge this fee, you won’t be charged an extra 3% to 5% on transactions when you use the card internationally. (None of Capital One’s credit cards charges foreign transaction fees.)
5. TSA Precheck and Global Entry credit
The Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card offers up to $100 in credit toward the application fee credit for TSA Precheck or Global Entry.
6. rental car insurance coverage
The Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card offers an auto rental collision damage waiver benefit, meaning that when you rent an eligible vehicle with the card, you may be covered for damage in the event of a collision or theft.
7. Travel accident insurance
When you use the Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card to buy an entire fare, you’ll get automatic insurance for a covered loss.
8. Roadside assistance
If you find yourself in a car-related emergency and need a jump-start, a tow or a tire change, the Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card offers a service that can find you help.
Shopping perks and protections
9. Extended warranty
Qualifying items you buy with the Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card will be eligible for additional warranty protection for free.
10. Virtual card numbers
Through its Eno “intelligent assistant” service, Capital One allows you to generate a virtual number from a checkout page, to keep your actual card number safe and secure.
11. Exclusive access
The Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card offers special access to things like curated culinary experiences, concerts and festivals, and sporting events.
• Benefits of the Alaska Airlines credit card
• Benefits of the American Express Green Card
• Benefits of the American Express Gold Card
• Benefits of the American Express Platinum Card
• Benefits of the Bank of America Travel Rewards card
• Benefits of the Capital One Savor cards
• Benefits of the Capital One Venture card
• Benefits of the Capital One Quicksilver card
• Benefits of the Capital One Platinum card
• Benefits of the Chase Freedom and Freedom Unlimited cards
• Benefits of the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card
• Benefits of the Chase Sapphire Reserve card
• Benefits of the Citi Costco credit card
• Benefits of Citi Double Cash Card
• Benefits of Delta Air Lines credit cards
• Benefits of the Discover it Cash Back and Balance Transfer cards
• Benefits of Marriott Bonvoy credit cards
• Benefits of Southwest Airlines credit cards
• Benefits of United Airlines credit cards