This company is on the NerdWallet Student Loan Watch List. The list flags student-loan businesses and individuals hit by enforcement actions, court judgments or liens, or bad ratings from the Better Business Bureau. Learn more in Who Gets Listed. Have you dealt with this business, or encountered a suspicious student-loan company that NerdWallet public interest reporters should investigate? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Performance Settlement LLC and its owner, Daniel J. Crenshaw, have incurred outstanding debts and liens for unpaid taxes, which tie up a debtor’s assets until payment of money owed.
Several state tax liens were filed against Performance Settlement starting in 2016 and totaling more than $60,000.
Several were also filed against Crenshaw:
- $10,521 California state tax lien, filed in 2014
- $58,297 federal tax lien filed and released in 2014
- $8,045 civil judgment, listing Investment Retrievers LLC as the creditor, filed and released in 2014
- $13,523 federal tax lien filed in 2011 and released in 2013
Based: Irvine, California
Management: Daniel J. Crenshaw, managing member. Crenshaw is also CEO, CFO and secretary of Consolifi and Performance SLC LLC, two related companies that have also incurred tax liens. Crenshaw is also listed as the manager of Performa Tax LLC. All four companies are listed at the same Irvine address.
Crenshaw has also been involved in the following businesses, all of which have been suspended by the California Franchise Tax Board for failing to meet tax obligations:
- DC Capital Corp.; Crenshaw is listed as CEO, CFO and secretary
- Debt Restructure Market; Crenshaw is listed as CEO, CFO and secretary
- Efficient Lending Corp.; Crenshaw is listed as CEO, CFO and secretary
- Efficient Marketing LLC; Crenshaw is listed as the company’s officer
Crenshaw is also listed as an officer of Booze Breath LLC, Pacific Finance Group and Efficient Marketing LLC, all of which are defunct.
Sources: California business filings; California Franchise Tax Board