NerdWallet is here to help you win Black Friday, while leaving your budget intact. We spend the time, you save the money. Visit regularly for tips and announcements about the best holiday deals from your favorite retailers. Black Friday is Nov. 24.
Electronics, including laptops and computers, are the biggest Black Friday draw. That means you can expect to see competitive pricing among retailers around the shopping holiday.
Whether you’re looking for a deluxe new system for your home office, a bargain on a student or travel laptop or a 2-in-1 tablet-laptop hybrid, your electronics store of choice is likely running Black Friday computer deals that will save you money.
If you’ve got your eye on something with a heftier price tag, you might want to protect your purchase by paying with the right credit card. Some credit cards will pay you the difference if you find a lower price later, extend the product warranty, or protect against loss or damage.
Want to save money on a laptop or computer? Black Friday deals will be impressive this year. Want to save money on everything else? NerdWallet has you covered. Sign up for free.
Best Black Friday laptop and computer deals 2017
We combed through the ads to help you find the top laptop and computer deals. Here are our picks:
- Samsung 11.6-inch Chromebook with 2GB memory and 16GB of storage for $99 (regularly $179) at Best Buy
- Samsung Chromebook 3 for $119 (regularly $189) at Walmart
- The Inspiron 14 3000 for $129.99 (market value $249.99) at Dell
MacBooks and iMacs
- MacBook Air 13.3-inch with 128GB storage for $799.99 (regularly $999.99) at Best Buy
- Up to $250 off select MacBook Pro models at Best Buy
- iMac 21.5-inch for $899.99 (regularly $1,099.99) at Best Buy
- $250 off select HP Omen gaming laptops at Best Buy
- HP Pavilion laptop with Intel Core i7 processor for $499.99 (regularly $809.99) at Staples
- HP Pavilion x360 for $599 (regularly $829) at Microsoft
- Lenovo IdeaPad for $649.99 (regularly $859.99) at Newegg
- HP 11.6-inch convertible Chromebook for $219 (regularly $299.99) at Target
- Inspiron 11 3000 for $299.99 (market value $599.99) at Dell
- Dell Inspiron 13 for $399 (regularly $599) at Microsoft
- Lenovo Yoga 710 15.6-inch for $599.99 (regularly $829.99) at Best Buy
- Inspiron desktop for $379.99 (market value $649.99) at Dell
- Lenovo IdeaCentre desktop for $379.99 (regularly $599.99) at Office Depot and Office Max
- HP Pavilion all-in-one desktop PC for $419.99 (regularly $649.99) at Staples
Best Black Friday laptop and computer deals 2016
Last year, we found great deals on desktops, laptops, MacBooks and 2-in-1 tablet-laptop hybrids. Here are some representative deals:
- Dell had the 11.6-inch Inspiron 11 3000 laptop for $99.99 (regularly $199.99)
- At Best Buy, the 13.3-inch MacBook Air with Intel Core i5, 8 GB memory and 128 GB flash storage for $799.99 (regularly $999.99)
- $259.99 for an HP 15.6-inch 1TB laptop with quad-core processor (regularly $399.99) at Target
- $299.99 for the Dell Inspiron 11 3000 2-in-1 with Intel Core m3 processor (regularly $449.99) at Dell
- $499 for the HP Pavilion 2TB Intel Core i5 desktop bundle with 24-inch monitor, mouse and keyboard (regularly $749) at Sam’s Club
Before you purchase an extra warranty for a laptop (or any electronics you buy on Black Friday), see if your credit card offers a complimentary extended warranty.