NerdWallet is here to help you win Black Friday, while leaving your budget intact. We spend the time, you save the money. Visit regularly for tips and announcements about the best holiday deals from your favorite retailers. Black Friday is Nov. 24.
Electronics, including laptops and computers, are the biggest Black Friday draw. That means you can expect to see competitive pricing among retailers around the shopping holiday.
Whether you’re looking for a deluxe new system for your home office, a bargain on a student or travel laptop or a 2-in-1 tablet-laptop hybrid, your electronics store of choice is likely running Black Friday computer deals that will save you money.
If you’ve got your eye on something with a heftier price tag, you might want to protect your purchase by paying with the right credit card. Some credit cards will pay you the difference if you find a lower price later, extend the product warranty, or protect against loss or damage.
Want to save money on a laptop or computer? Black Friday deals will be impressive this year. Want to save money on everything else? NerdWallet has you covered. Sign up for free.
Best Black Friday laptop and computer deals 2017
Still waiting for the best 2017 Black Friday laptop and computer deals? So are we. Keep checking back, because we’ll post them here as soon as we get the details. In the meantime, take a look at what happened in 2016 for an idea of what you can expect this year.
Best Black Friday laptop and computer deals 2016
Last year, we found great deals on desktops, laptops, MacBooks and 2-in-1 tablet-laptop hybrids. Here are some representative deals:
- Dell had the 11.6-inch Inspiron 11 3000 laptop for $99.99 (regularly $199.99)
- At Best Buy, the 13.3-inch MacBook Air with Intel Core i5, 8 GB memory and 128 GB flash storage for $799.99 (regularly $999.99)
- $259.99 for an HP 15.6-inch 1TB laptop with quad-core processor (regularly $399.99) at Target
- $299.99 for the Dell Inspiron 11 3000 2-in-1 with Intel Core m3 processor (regularly $449.99) at Dell
- $499 for the HP Pavilion 2TB Intel Core i5 desktop bundle with 24-inch monitor, mouse and keyboard (regularly $749) at Sam’s Club
Before you purchase an extra warranty for a laptop (or any electronics you buy on Black Friday), see if your credit card offers a complimentary extended warranty.