NerdWallet’s Black Friday series continues with a sneak preview of Big Lots’ biggest doorbusters. Check back soon – we’ll keep posting ad leaks from even more of your favorite retailers.
Big Lots Black Friday 2013
The Big Lots Black Friday 2013 ad has leaked! From the looks of it, Big Lots will be having a 2-day sale, starting on Thanksgiving Thursday. The first 100 Black Friday early birds can look forward to “Scratch & Win” cards worth anywhere between $5-$100. For the ad’s highlights and store hours, read on!
Big Lots Thanksgiving Day Ad Scans
Big Lots Best Black Friday Deals 2013
Big Lots’ best Black Friday deals for 2013 include:
- Simmons Recliners: $189 (Reg. $285)
- 7″ Smart Tablet Jr.: $68.88 (Reg. $89.99)
- Monster High Dolls: $8.88 (Reg. $12)
- Dyson DC40 Ball Cyclone Vacuum: $229.99 (Reg. $249.99)
- All Hot Wheels, Matchbox Playsets, Plush, and Preschool toys: BOGO 50% off
- Wii, PS3, Xbox 360, and Nintendo DS video games: $12.88 ea
- Ladies Sag Harbor Winter Boots: $10
- Large Kitchen Storage Carts:$199.99
- Serta Ultra Premium Savannah Evening Mattress w/Gel Memory Foam (Queen): $399.99
- Shark Steam Pocket Mop: $39.99
- 7′ Slim Pre-Lit 350-ct. Clear Lights Christmas Trees: $39.88
- All headphones, earbuds and other select electronics accessories: buy 2, get one free
Best Big Lots Black Friday Deals from 2012
The Big Lots 2012 Black Friday ad was defined by a broad variety of gift-worthy items. The more notable categories included jewelry, toys and home goods, but even the lesser sales resulted in low prices across the board.
The 85 items spread over 14 pages included few electronics, with the only noteworthy gadgets being two Android 4.0 tablets, the Anderson 4.3” tablet/mp3 player (29% off at $44.99) and Nextbook 8” tablet (a $91 savings at $78.88). A varied selection of jewelry – the result of a large-scale department store buyout – was uniformly priced at $30 each, a 25-85% discount from their original prices.
Lots of items, especially toys and holiday decorations, were only modestly reduced by 15-25%, including a number of underwhelming Buy 1, Get 1 50% Off deals. To be fair, some of these items were pretty cheap to begin with, so it was still a good opportunity to stock up on things like decorations, gift-wrap and tree ornaments.
The really eye-catching deals appeared sporadically throughout the ad and didn’t confine themselves to any particular category:
- Oversized kitchen carts: $199.99 (orig. $549.99)
- Swivel Mount 44” TV Stand: $79.99 (orig. $199.99)
- Sag Harbor boots (various styles): $10 (60% off)
- Serta 10” Queen Memory Foam Mattress: $388 (orig. $899)
- 60” Media Fireplaces: $399.99 (50% off)
- Pre-lit Sparkle Trees: $58.88 (orig. $149.99)
For $19.88, shoppers could choose from a variety of toys, marked down by 43-60%:
- Polly Pocket Concert and Stunt Style Jet Playsets
- Pokemon Master Playset B&W
- Nerd Swarmfire Dart Tag
- Barbie Champion Tawny Horse & Doll
- Pirates of the Caribbean Hero Ship
- 38” H Maxx the Sock Monkey
- 24” H Disney Plush Minnie Mouse or Mickey Mouse
Bed and bath products were another category with some standout sales:
- Luxurious Faux-Fur Comforter: $20 each ($19-$29 off)
- Memory Foam 2.5” Mattress Topper: $69.99 ($190-$330 off)
- Memory Foam Shaggy Bath Mats: $7 each (65% off)
- Microplush Blankets in all sizes: $14.99 (50% off)
- Comforter, Quilt or Sheet Set (various sizes): $10 each (50% off)
Ultimately, last year’s Big Lots sale featured a few really impressive deals – if you knew where to look ahead of time – but even their smaller price cuts put super low prices on already cheap items. That, in combination with the sheer variety made Big Lots! a top destination for holiday shoppers looking to cross a lot off their gift list at once.
Big Lots Black Friday Store Hours
Big Lots will be open from 7 a.m. until 11 p.m. on Thursday, and they’ll open from 6 a.m. until 11 p.m. on Black Friday. Visit our complete and up-to-date store hours page to find your other favorite stores’ hours.
Big Lots store: Fan of Retail/Flickr: Source