NerdWallet inspects the Black Friday ads to equip you for the upcoming shopping holiday. Stay tuned for more if your favored store is not yet listed!
Home Depot Black Friday 2013
The Home Depot Black Friday 2013 ad scan is up! You can peruse the 32 page ad now, and thank Home Depot later for staying closed on Thanksgiving. The hardware and home improvement store will be opening its doors on Friday morning, so its customers and employees can enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday with their families. Scroll down for details on the store’s opening hours, to view the ads, and to get our summary of the ads finest deals!
Update – November 1, 2013: Black Friday appliance preview!
While it closely resembles their regular weekly sales flier, the recently released Home Depot Black Friday 2013 ad preview apparently showcases that department store’s deals for the shopping holiday. That’s right – the low price tags in this ad (some of which are over $1000 off regular prices) will not dip any further on Black Friday.
This ad features stellar values on refrigerators, ranges, dishwashers and more. And not only will these prices be valid from November 7 through December 11, giving early bird shoppers a reason to get started earlier than ever, customers can save $100-$500 instantly, depending on the total amount of their purchase.
Don’t forget to check back frequently for all the latest Black Friday news and updates!
Home Depot Best Black Friday Deals 2013
Home Depot offered a wide array of deals in the ad this year, but most big price cuts were on products with already low prices. Below, we’ve featured Home Depot’s best Black Friday deals on bigger ticket items:
- Samsung 28.5 cu. ft. Stainless Steel French Door Refrigerator: $1,598 (originally $2,799)
- Samsung Stainless Steel Dishwasher: $398 (originally $649)
- Dyson DC40 Multi Floor Vacuum: $299
- All Dyson Vacuums: 25% off
- Porter-Cable 6-Gallon Compressor + 3 3-pc. Nailer Combo Kit: $199
- Rigid X4 18-volt Hyper Lithium-Ion 2pc. Combo Kit w/Radio: $199
- Husky 70″ Black Low Profile Aluminum Truck Box: $189 (originally $289)
- Sportrack Aero XL 18 cu. ft. Rooftop Cargo Box: $179
- Home Decorators Collection Brexely Club Chair: $99
- Husky 65-pc. Mechanics Tool Set: $39.99
- 26″ Quadripod Fire Pit: $29.88
- DeWalt 66-pc. Drill/Screwdriver Combo Set: 19.88 ($46 value)
- DeWalt Grip Armor Pliers 4-Pack: 19.88
- DeWalt 55-pc. Scewdriver Set: $9.88
- Ryobi 68-pc. Speed Load Driving Kit: $9.88
Best Home Depot Black Friday Deals from 2012
For the Best Home Depot Black Friday deals from 2012, Home Depot opened its doors early Black Friday morning at 5am with appliances for the home, the pets, and the work bench. The largest home improvement retailer had leaked a 32-page ad chalk full of discounts on tools, furniture, Christmas furnishings, and more. The item count totaled more than 290.
Let’s take a look at the big categories:
- For washers and dryers, the doorbuster deal were the Maytag Washer and Electric Dryer at $399 each, taking 33% off the washer’s original $599 price tag and 20% off the dryer’s. Savings on most washers and dryers were generally greater on the more expensive models, such as the LG Graphite Steel 3.6 cubic foot Steamwasher and 7.3 cubic foot Steamdryer, both at $749 each and with a combined savings of $500. The LG 4.7 cubic foot High-Efficiency Washer was also offered for the same price.
- Refrigerators were also a big deal. On the cheaper end, the $498 GE 18.1 cubic foot Refrigerator had a discount of 17% off, and on the high end, the LG 30.5 cubic foot Stainless Steel French Door Refrigerator had a savings of $901, settling at the new price of $2598 (almost 26% off).
- In the Christmas selection, the Martha Stewart Living 7.5’ LED Pre-Lit Christmas Tree had the amazing deal of 75% off, going for the price of $59. Considering the height of the tree and the discount, this was the best deal of the fake Christmas trees on sale. 20% off was the blanket discount on the trees overall.
- Other furniture included the $59 Brexley Leather Parsons Stool, with savings implied by the stool’s $129 value. One of the trends in the ad turned out to be the “your choice” selections, where the customer could choose to buy either the Brexley 3-pc. Pub set, the Brexley Leather Club Chair, or the set of 2 Creston Swivel Stools for $99.
- For tools, various drills were the main advertisements. The $99 DeWalt 18-Volt Compact Drill/Driver Kit and the $99 Rigid 12-Volt Lithium-Ion 2-Speed Drill were comparable sales. Various tool kits were also popular discounted items.
Some of the deals lasted until Monday in a sales duration known as the “Final 5 Days,” like the 25% off discount on all Dyson Vacuums, but it was a little unclear which appliances were included in this deal.
In light of Hurricane Sandy that year, Home Depot around Black Friday thrived in its Northeast locations. Another way to gauge its success would be to look at Home Depot’s fourth quarter results in the fiscal year of 2012, in which it experienced a 6.3% increase in sales compared to the previous year’s fourth quarter. It’s apparent that Home Depot powered up last year when construction demand soared.
Home Depot Black Friday Store Hours
Home Depot will be opening at 5 a.m. on Friday, November 29th. To see a list of store hours for Black Friday all in one place, visit our store hours page.
Home Depot store from Shutterstock