NerdWallet’s Black Friday 2013 series continues with more sneak peaks at sales from the most popular retailers. Check back regularly for updates on the best and worst deals and promotions.
Sports Authority Black Friday 2013
The Sports Authority Black Friday 2013 ad scan is here, and sports fans can get excited about solid savings on items from just about every department. At 16 pages, this one isn’t among the bigger ads we’ve seen this year but it is filled with some excellent ways to save on gifts for the whole family. From hoodies to ellipticals, sleeping bags to trampolines, Sports Authority is giving shoppers plenty to choose from.
Discounts aren’t the only the only thing you’ll find in the Sports Authority Black Friday 2013 ad. The first 80 shoppers in like at each location can win up to $500 in bonus bucks. Additionally, the ad includes a couple of coupons that shoppers can use to redeem a $25 Sports Authority cash card if they purchase North Face or Columbia merchandise totaling $125 or more (11/28-11/31 only). It’s unlikely most shoppers would go out of their way to buy those products to get the cash card, but if they were already on your list then don’t forget to bring those coupons.
Sports Authority Black Friday Ad Scan 2013
The ad isn’t posted yet but check back soon!
Sports Authority Best Black Friday Deals 2013
This year’s Sports Authority best Black Friday deals include saving on equipment, apparel and accessories. These items run the gamut from stocking stuffers to major purchases. Take a look at some of the ad’s best bargains:
- Men’s, Women’s and Kids’ Footwear: Buy 1, Get 1 50% off
- Balls: Buy 1, Get 1 free
- Pro-Form Performance 400 Treadmill: $479.99 ($720 off)
- Freemotion 545 Elliptical: $799.99 ($1200 off)
- Pro-Form Performance 300 Treadmill: $379.99 ($620 off)
- Pro-Form 995 C Treadmill: $799.99 ($1200 off)
- Schwinn Journey 4.5 Elliptical: $749.99 ($850 off)
- Body Rider Dual Action Cardio Hybrid Trainer: $199.99 ($400 off)
- Parkside 12′ Trampoline with Enclosure: $169.99 (save $170)
- Ping Pong Ultra II Table: $209.99 (save $290)
- Ice Time II Air Hockey Table: $259.99 (save 240)
- Entire stock of men’s, women’s and kids Gerry outerwear: 40% off
- Entire stock of men’s and women’s Alpine Design apparel: 40% off
- Entire stock of men’s, women’s and kids Slalom outerwear: 40% off
- Men’s, women’s and kids’ licensed caps: Buy 1, get 1 50% off
- Men’s Champion jersey tee: $4.99
- Women’s New Balance active apparel: 40% off
- Asics GEL Kayano 19 Running Shoes: $114.99 ($35 off)
- Asics GEL-Evate Running Shoes: $99.99 ($30 off)
- GEL-Contend or GEL-Venture Running Shoes: $39.99 ($20 off)
- Asics GT-2000 Running Shoes: $89.99 ($30 off)
- Asics GT-1000 Running Shoes: $59.99 ($40 off)
Best Sports Authority Black Friday Deals from 2012
With over 460 locations across the country, Sports Authority is one of the most recognizable names in its field. For athletes and fans alike, this sporting goods giant is the go-to choice for holiday gifts, offering a wide variety of sports and exercise equipment, workout gear, team apparel and sports accessories. When it comes to fitness equipment like ellipticals and treadmills, which can cost thousands, even modest reductions can mean hundreds of dollars in savings. In past years Sports Authority has demonstrated its seriousness about offering significant discounts, giving jocks, fitness buffs and dedicated fans reason to eagerly anticipate the release of their latest Black Friday ad. With that in mind, it’s no wonder sports lovers have anxiously awaited the store’s announcement of this year’s doorbusting deals.
Sports Authority’s 2012 Black Friday ad was packed with serious savings, with the best sales running from midnight until 3 a.m. A few of the most show stopping deals included a $340 discount on a Chelsea foosball table (originally $499.99), a $400 savings on men’s and women’s complete sets of Tommy Armour golf clubs (originally $599.99) and buy-1-get-1 50% off on all footwear and socks all day long. The ad’s biggest price cut by far was the Pro-Form 18.0 RE Elliptical, with its original $1999 price tag slashed down to $799.99. On top of that, the first 80 people at each location received a card worth anywhere from $10 to $500 toward any purchase in the store.
The ad’s biggest doorbusters were tied to various types of equipment, and savings on the store’s apparel was less outrageous, though still worth checking out. Under Armour clothing was 25% off and fan apparel (MLB, NCAA, MLS, NHL and MBA) was 35% off all day.
The store didn’t limit their savings to basic discounts; in addition to the price cuts above, they also offered $25 toward future purchases when shoppers spent $125 or more on Columbia or The North Face products. Plus, members of the store’s rewards program got an extra 5% back, while shoppers using a Sports Authority credit card received double points on their entire purchase. Finally, their warranty program offered two years for the price of one throughout the day – a deal worth considering if you decided to spring for any bigger discounted items (like that elliptical).
Sports Authority Black Friday Store Hours
Sports Authority joins the growing number of retailers who will begin their sales on Thanksgiving this year, opening their doors on the 28th from 6pm until midnight, and from 6am to 10pm on Black Friday. Be sure to check out NerdWallet’s Black Friday store hours page for all your favorite stores’ opening hours!