NerdWallet is committed to providing you with the real deals of Black Friday 2013. If you still haven’t found the store you’re looking for, check back with us again soon!
Tiger Direct Black Friday 2013
Update – November 20, 2013: the full ad is here!
The Tiger Direct Black Friday 2013 ad scan has leaked! While these twelve pages contain a great variety of different gadgets and electronics, its most eye-catching features is its selection of heavily discounted TVs of all sizes. Other major categories include smartphones, surveillance systems, cameras, tablets and laptops. A total of 266 items gives techies and the people shopping for them plenty to choose from this Black Friday.
A couple of caveats: some of Tiger Direct’s best bargains require mail-in rebates, so be sure to read the fine print. And don’t look for these prices online; these deals are in-store only.
November 11, 2013
If you haven’t recently checked out the Tiger Direct Black Friday News for 2013 via its online store, then you better do it fast. This is the 26th year that Tiger Direct has offered its customers early deals on electronics (and cookware, oddly enough). Each year on the last Friday of October, Tiger Direct’s online “October Black Friday” sale lasts until midnight. Exceptional deals from this year’s sale include:
- HP 16MP Digital Camera w/free shipping, $74.99 (originally $139.95)
- Rachael Ray Porcelain Enamel Cookware 10-pc kit, $99.99 (originally 199.99)
- Archos 101 Gen9 10.1” Android 4.0 OS Tablet, $99.99 (org. $299.99)
- Emerson LC320EMXF 32” Class LCD HDTV, $149.99 (orig. $299.99)
- QSee 16 Channel DVR w/8 Cameras security system, $299.99 (orig. $529.99)
- Sharp SVGA DLP 3D Ready Projector, $299.99 (orig. $695)
While shopping early for the aforementioned deals may spare you some stress on the real Black Friday, you may want to consider postponing your purchases until November anyway. Most of Tiger Direct’s deals pale in comparison to actual Black Friday sales elsewhere. In addition, more than a few of Tiger Direct’s October Black Friday deals require coupons and bothersome rebates. If you decide to shop early, be sure to find out exactly what you need to do to get your savings.
Ultimately, it may be worthwhile to hold out for something bigger and better on Black Friday, when you’ll have a better selection of sales to choose from. To get started on your price comparisons, be sure to tune in to NerdWallet’s Black Friday page, to catch a peek of Tiger Direct’s ad leak!
Tiger Direct Black Friday Ad Scans
Tiger Direct Best Black Friday Deals 2013
If you’re in the market for a new TV this holiday season you’ll want to take a close look at Tiger Direct’s Black Friday ad.
- Westinghouse 46″ LED HDTV: $299.99 ($500 off)
- Hisense 55″ LED HDTV (refurbished): $499.99 ($400 off)
- Seiki 65″ LED HDTV: $799.99 after mail-in rebate ($700 off)
- Sceptre 40″ Class LEC HDTV: $249.99 ($250 off)
- Samsung 60″ 3D LED HDTV: $1597.99 ($1502 off)
- Samsung 55″ 3D LED HDTV: $1297.99 ($1202 off)
- Samsung 46″ LED Smart HDTV: $497.99 ($502 off)
- Samsung 32″ LED HDTV: $227.99 ($190 off)
- LG Optimus G2: $69.99 ($130 off)
- Samsung Galaxy Note II: $79.99 ($120 off)
- Samsung Galaxy S4: $79.99 ($170 off)
- Galaxy Note 1717: $289.99 ($110 off)
- RoadMate 2136T-LM GPS (refurbished): $39.99 ($90 off)
- Aluratek Bump Portable Bluetooth Mini Speaker: $9.99 ($20 0ff)
- Trio 4GB MP3 Player: $17.99 ($42 off)
- Samsung HM1300 Bluetooth Handsfree Headset: $9.99 ($20 off)
- Belken Bluetooth Digital BMI Scale: $44.99 ($25 off)
- Street Wired Earbuds: $49.95 ($50 off)
- Full-Size Robosapien or Roboraptor: $59.99 (up to $90 off)
Best Tiger Direct Black Friday Deals from 2012
Looking back at the best Tiger Direct Black Friday Deals from 2012, the predominantly online electronics retailer surprisingly had a Black Friday sale at its brick-and-mortar locations. The sale started at 5am and lasted all day, with certain discounts on big-ticket electronics like laptops and HDTVs available only for the first 5 hours. The retailer had a wide selection of laptops, smartphones, televisions, cameras, printers, and more, but the ad specified that the Black Friday specials were exclusively in retail stores only.
In the realm of televisions, there were gigantic savings of some, like $400 off the $799.99 LG 55” HDTV, but for a more affordable HDTV, there were the Westinghouse 32” LED HDTV for $179.99 and another lesser known brand Upstar 24” LED HDTV at $99.99. A common trend, especially on TVs, was to advertise the biggest savings on the more expensive models, so one had to watch out for what was really a deal and what wasn’t. The Samsung 46” LED HDTV, for instance, was $699.99, which is only a little over a foot wider but more than twice as much as the Westinghouse 32”.
Laptops and printers had fair selections as well. Two great deals on laptops included the ASUS 15.6” Notebook PC with a free upgrade of Windows 8 at $399.99 (off $100, 20% discounted) and the HP 15.6” Notebook PC for $599.9 (off $280, 32% discounted). From the printer selection, the $59.99 Brother Mono Laser Printer and the $39.99 Brother Wireless All-in-One Inkjet Printer both had $50 in savings, 45% off and 55% off respectively.
One interesting feature of the sale was a “Beat the Clock! Hourly Special” selection, in which every hour from 10am until 5pm Friday had one drastic mark-down. The three best deals in that sale all had 75% off: the 11am ($9.99 Centon 32GB Flash Drive), 1pm ($48 Windows 8 Pro Upgrade Version), and 5pm ($4.99 Wireless Keyboard + Mouse).
All the free stuff advertised only became free after a mail-in rebate, like the Total Defense Internet Security Suite Premium with a $50 mail-in rebate and the Logitech C260 Webcam with a $25 mail-in rebate.
Overall, Tiger Direct didn’t do so hot in the fourth quarter results of its fiscal year 2012, which included Black Friday. Its parent company, Systemax, had net sales of $935.2 million for its October-December quarter in 2012, compared to $978.4 million in the same quarter in 2011. The retailer, with locations in the Southeast and Canada, is known for its computer and consumer electronics.
Tiger Direct Black Friday Store Hours
This year’s Tiger Direct Black Friday store hours will begin at 5am on Black Friday, continuing for five hours, after which other hourly deals will become available. Check our Black Friday Store Hours page to see all your favorite retailers’ Black Friday opening times!