Don’t miss out on all of NerdWallet’s highly anticipated 2016 Black Friday ad leaks this season. Visit regularly for tips and announcements about the best holiday deals from your favorite retailers. Black Friday is Nov. 25.
J.C. Penney 2016 Black Friday deals
Like last year, the J.C. Penney Black Friday ad for 2016 is 72 pages of savings on everything from appliances to underwear, along with incentives and giveaways. Many of the more dramatic savings involve mail-in rebates, so be sure to read the fine print!
Stores open at 3 p.m. on Thanksgiving, and those who choose shopping over turkey and pigskin will have chances to earn instant $500, $100 or $10 coupons.
Instead of doorbusters, the retailer is offering Spotlight Savings, good from opening time Thursday through 5 p.m. Friday. J.C. Penney Rewards members earn double points on appliance purchases made during this time period, and the store is also offering free delivery and basic installation on appliances that cost more than $299.
Spotlight Savings include:
- Sharper Image 5.1 home theater system for $79 (regularly $150).
- $10 for J.C. Penney Home The Curve memory foam pillow (regularly $40).
- St. John’s Bay men’s puffer coat, marked down to $29 from $120.
- Assorted women’s boots for $19.95.
- 25% off Nike family footwear.
- $5 juniors leggings.
If you’re a loyal department store shopper, don’t forget that you can earn up to 5% cash back with the right credit card. NerdWallet has compiled a list of our best credit cards for holiday shopping. Several major credit cards on our list offer bonus cash back at department stores like J.C. Penney, Kohl’s, Macy’s, Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, Sears, or Bloomingdales.
Some of the highlights of the Black Friday sale:
- Up to 40% off major appliances, including a Samsung 25.5-cubic-foot, three-door refrigerator, marked down to $994 from $1,999.
- Hotpoint washer or dryer for $293 each (regularly $449 each).
- Cuisinart Advantage 12-piece knife set at $14.99, after $5 mail-in rebate (regularly $50).
- Brand-name small kitchen appliances marked down to $4.99, $7.99 and up to $19.99 after mail-in rebates.
- 60% off all Samsonite, Skyway, American Tourister and Delsey luggage.
- 60% off many decor items, including table linens and holiday dinnerware, trim, wreaths and garlands.
- 60% off Royal Down comforters (regularly up to $440).
- 50-70% off select ready-made curtains.
- 30% off all engagement rings.
- 50% off Columbia Three Lakes fleece women’s jackets, marked down to $29.99 from $60.
- $13.99 Dockers men’s slippers, regularly $36.
- 50% off Disney “Frozen” toys.
- 60-65% off select Carter’s babies’ and children’s apparel and sleepwear.
J.C. Penney 2015 Black Friday deals
In 2015, J.C. Penney’s whopping 72-page ad got shoppers in early, with the retailer offering incentives like $500-off coupons and a chance to win one of 10 $10,000 prizes. This was in addition to some of the biggest doorbusters around, with deals (some requiring mail-in rebate coupons, so read the fine print this year) in apparel, housewares, jewelry and seasonal decorations.
Here were some of the highlights of the 2015 sale:
- $79.99 for a NuWave oven (regularly $150).
- $24.99 for a Cooks 3.5-quart cast-iron Dutch oven (regularly $39.99).
- 60% off holiday plates, candles, rugs and decorative pillows.
- $9.99 for The Curve memory foam pillow (regularly $40).
- 30% off already-reduced jewelry and accessories.
- $19.99 to $39.99 for select styles of boots for her.
Check out our full list of 2016 ad leaks for up-to-date deal news from a wide range of retailers.