- Earn unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all purchases, with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees and your points don't expire
- 20,000 online bonus points if you make at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days - that can be a $200 statement credit toward travel purchases
- Use your card to book your trip how and where you want – you’re not limited to specific websites with blackout dates or restrictions
- Redeem points for a statement credit to pay for flights, hotels, vacation packages, cruises, rental cars, or baggage fees
- Comes with chip technology for enhanced security and protection at chip-enabled terminals
- 0% Introductory APR for 12 billing cycles for purchases, then 15.49% - 23.49% Variable APR
- Get an additional 10% customer points bonus on every purchase when you have an active Bank of America® checking or savings account
- If you’re a Preferred Rewards client, you can increase that bonus to 25% - 75%.
APR: 15.49% - 23.49% Variable APR
Penalty APR: up to 29.99% APR
Cash Advance APR: See Terms
- No annual fee and no foreign transaction fees
- Generous flat rewards rate on all purchases
- Flexibility to book travel how you want
- Rewards accelerator if you bank with Bank of America or Merrill Lynch
- More restrictive than a straight cash back card
- If you're a big spender with excellent credit and willing to pay an annual fee, there are cards with higher rewards
20,000 online bonus points if you make at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days - that can be a $200 statement credit toward travel purchases
1.5 points per dollar
0% on Purchases for 12 billing cycles
Recommended credit score
The BankAmericard Travel Rewards® credit card is an excellent choice for cost-conscious globetrotters. It's one of the few high-rewards travel credit cards on the market that charges an annual fee of $0, plus, it charges no foreign transaction fees and comes chip-enabled. This makes it good for overseas travel.
With the BankAmericard Travel Rewards® credit card, you'll earn 1.5 points for every dollar you spend, and points can be redeemed for nearly any travel purchase in the form of a statement credit. You might also be eligible to earn more through the Preferred Rewards program if you have a qualifying Bank of America® account. Say you have more than $20,000 saved up in your Bank of America® savings account, and earned 100 points. You'd get 25 bonus points through Preferred Rewards. This is something to consider, because it may significantly add to the card's value.
To get you started, the BankAmericard Travel Rewards® credit card comes with a signup bonus: 20,000 online bonus points if you make at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days - that can be a $200 statement credit toward travel purchases. Although juicier offers exist, this card provides a great overall value for most travelers. For more information on the BankAmericard Travel Rewards® credit card, see our full review here.
NerdWallet reviews are the result of independent research by our editorial team while cardholder reviews are contributions from independent users not affiliated with NerdWallet. Banks, issuers and credit card companies are not responsible for any content posted on the NerdWallet site, nor do they endorse or guarantee any posted comments or reviews.