With so many tech products on the market, having all of the latest and greatest electronics can get expensive. But if you plan your purchases right, you don’t have to pay full price for your tech tools.
Before you make your next electronics purchase, check out our tips for hitting some of the top sales at one popular retailer: Best Buy.
What are the sales?
No matter when you shop at Best Buy, you’re almost sure to find some type of promotion going on at the retailer. Aside from major holidays (and Black Friday, of course), here are some of the best sales opportunities that you can expect at the store on a regular basis:
- Deal of the Day: Each day, Best Buy features a “Deal of the Day” as well as a few additional “Bonus Deals of the Day.” These offers include limited-time price cuts on such popular products as TVs and headphones. Consumers should keep in mind that these savings are available for 24 hours only, and the products are often sold in limited quantities. Visit the store’s Deal of the Day page to view the new sales daily.
- 4-Hour Sales: Daily deals may be short, but Best Buy also regularly hosts even shorter ones that last for only a few hours. The retailer’s 4-Hour Sales are available online only from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Central time on select offer days. Products included vary, but no consumer electronics seem to be off-limits.
- 2-Day Sales: For slightly longer shopping periods, Best Buy also occasionally hosts 2-Day Sales. During these discount events, a handful of products — usually laptops, tablets and printers — are reduced for two consecutive days.
- Free shipping: Usually, Best Buy gives shoppers free shipping on qualifying online orders over a certain amount. Now through Jan. 2, the retailer is offering free standard shipping on all eligible purchases with no minimum purchase amount required.
From return policies to rewards program information, check out our Best Buy Store Guide for more tips on shopping and saving at the store.
What are the deals?
Wondering what type of deals you can snag during these sale periods? We took a look at a few recent installments of the promotions to give you an idea of what you can expect.
This month, Deals of the Day have included, among others, a $200 discount on a Nikon camera bundle, a $70 price cut on a Logitech keyboard and $30 off a Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 camera.
Also in October, we spotted big deals in two separate 4-Hour Sales. In the first, a Sharp 55-Inch LED Smart 4K Ultra HDTV was over $200 off. During the second, shoppers could purchase a Dell Venue 11 Pro 10.8-Inch laptop for $375 less than the original price.
During a September 2015 2-Day Sale, the deals were all about Apple. Customers could purchase select iPad mini 3 tablets for $75 less than normal and select iMac computers at a $150 discount.
How can you find them?
These sales and deals certainly sound great, but with such a limited time window to act on them, if you’re away from your computer for a few hours, you might miss out.
To ensure that you never lose out on a deal opportunity from Best Buy, follow these tips for staying in the know:
- Sign up for the Best Buy email mailing list. You can do so by inputting your email address on the home page of the store’s website. You’ll get current promotions and sales from the store delivered to your inbox.
- Like the Best Buy Facebook page, where the store regularly posts offers and preorder opportunities. While you’re at it, follow the store’s page on Twitter too.
- As is the case with most stores, though, not every discount will be advertised via email or social media. For a complete listing of all noteworthy deals happening at any given time at the electronics giant, peruse the store’s Weekly Ad online.
Image via iStock.