NerdWallet is cranking out all of the best Black Friday 2013 ad scan analysis. Be sure to find out how your favorite store fared by regularly visiting our Black Friday site!
True Value Black Friday 2013
The True Value Black Friday 2013 ad is out! In light of True Value’s past ad scans, it’s questionable whether the tools you need will be on sale over the weekend. Still, their sales on a few essential home improvement items might at least help you make your home more host-worthy, even if the sale items can’t help you get all your repairs finished on time.
True Value will be kicking off their sales on Friday, although specific store hours haven’t been released yet. For more details on the best deals from True Value this year, check out the 5-page ad scan or our summary of the best deals below.
2013 True Value Black Friday Ad Scans
True Value Best Black Friday Deals 2013
True Value’s best Black Friday deals for 2013 include:
- 8-pc. Pyrex Bake N’ Store Set: $14.99
- 200-ct. LED C3 Light Sets: $19.99
- 24-in. Artificial Wreath: $3.99
- 16-Drawer Cabinet: $5.99
- 109-pc. Drill/Drive Accessory Kit: $9.97
- 3-pc. Tool Combo Set: $49.97
- Irwin 3-pc. Vise Grip Locking Pliers Set: $14.99
- 8-pc. Gearwrench Ratcheting Wrench Set: $24.99
- Master Mechanic 100-pc. 1.3-Amp Rotary Kit: $19.99
True Value is also offering its customers a coupon for 50% off of any single item worth $50 or less.
Best True Value Black Friday Deals from 2012
As mentioned, True Value didn’t have the broadest selection of products on sale during last year’s 2012 Black Friday sales, but it did have a few outstanding deals worth pointing out. Noteworthy items included:
- $9.99 2-ft. Noble Spruce tree (50% off original price)
- $12.49 Master Mechanic adjustable wrench 3-pc. set (50% off original price)
- $15.99 Irwin 3-pc. set of vice grips (50% off original price)
- $19.99 200-ct. LED holiday light sets in assorted colors (42% off original price)
- $19.99 Queen air mattress and pump (over 50% off original price)
- $29.97 60-pc. Master oscillating/rotary tool kit (over $79.99 value)
- $49.99 5-pc. table and chairs set (50% off original price)
Unfortunately, True Value’s 4-page 2012 ad scan left much to be desired. Unlike its competitor, Ace Hardware, True Value didn’t even offer coupons that could apply to regular priced items. If you sorely needed tools to repair your home, the majority of the deals you’d find from True Value would only be less than 50% off. You would have to buy every other tool you needed at good ol’ regular prices, which wouldn’t give shoppers much incentive to get up early.
In comparison to other hardware store ads, it’s actually kind of shocking that there aren’t more tools in True Value’s ads. True Value’s ad had about 3 times as many non-tool items as they had tool items. You might think that this is reasonable given that True Value sells home improvement items, and tools are only a fraction of what you need to improve your home. Fair enough!
Lowe’s also had about 3 times as many non-tools as they did tools. Yet, Lowe’s number of tool sale items was roughly three-quarters the amount of all sale items in True Value’s entire ad! Lowe’s also offered sales on over 90 other home improvement items, such as washer and dryer sets, home décor items, and holiday decorations. Unfortunately, True Value just couldn’t compete with the sheer breadth of those deals.
True Value Black Friday Store Hours
Check back in with us for True Value’s Black Friday store hours or visit our Black Friday Store Hours page!
True Value Hardware store: Elvert Barnes/Flickr: Source