Shoppers can find discounts on nearly every product at Overstock.com, from area rugs to patio furniture. Here’s how to get the most savings on your next Overstock purchases.
Overstock is an online retailer selling brand-name goods at discounted prices. The web store stocks its shelves with liquidated inventory from other retailers; hence, bargain prices on designer items. Categories on the home page range from apparel and jewelry to furniture and rugs, but shoppers browsing through the site can also find electronics, pet supplies and even groceries.
Sale prices are an Overstock standard, but there are also opportunities to snag deeper discounts throughout the year:
- Black Friday. Savings are steep during Overstock’s Black Friday event, even on premium gifts such as jewelry and watches. The store’s big-ticket items are similar to those of major department stores: The 2016 sale featured mattresses, furniture and even sought-after electronics.
- Presidents Day sale. Previous Presidents Day deals featured at least 50% off on various furniture and other home goods, including mattresses, memory foam toppers, bedding, living and dining room furniture and rugs.
- Labor Day sale. Home goods savings are the centerpiece at Overstock’s Labor Day sale. Deals and discounts span categories from bedroom furniture to garden and patio. Price markdowns have ranged from 40% to 75%.
- Flash deals. There are new deals every day at Overstock.com, and if you’re lucky, an item you’ve been eyeing might be featured. Flash deals are good for 24 hours, and savings can peak as high as 70% on select items. The online retailer also rotates weekly deal clusters that refresh every Friday.
- Clearance and liquidation. Overstock prices plunge on liquidation and clearance items, with discounts up to 75% off on brand-name goods and categories. Deals are available year-round, so frequent shoppers may want to take a peek through the selection and see what low-priced treats are up for grabs.
Worldstock Fair Trade
Shoppers with more eclectic tastes should browse through Overstock’s international trade program, Worldstock Fair Trade. The campaign connects artisans in Nepal, Vietnam, Peru and other countries around the globe to a U.S. market for their unique, handmade goods.
Club O Rewards
Devoted Overstock shoppers can earn benefits through a Club O Rewards membership. Silver members receive exclusive offers and notifications, while benefits to Gold members include:
- 5% rewards dollars on every purchase.
- Free shipping on all orders.
- Exclusive email offers and early-entry-to-site deals.
- Access to Overstock’s extra rewards store, where they can earn as much as 40% back in bonuses.
- 5% dining rewards program.
Club O Gold members pay a $19.95 annual fee, though active military, veterans, teachers, students and first responders are eligible for free membership.
Overstock also offers its own Club O MasterCard. Cardholders pay no annual fee and are automatically enrolled as Gold members, without having to pay the $19.95 membership fee. Approved card applicants earn $40 statement credit after their first purchase. Visit the Club O MasterCard page for full rewards details.
Shipping and returns
The best part of web shopping is skipping the checkout lines. Overstock purchases of $45 or more earn free shipping and usually ship out within one to two business days. Certain items may require a longer delivery time, and additional services, such as apartment delivery, stair carry and extra labor, are available for a fee.
On returns, Overstock’s standard policy requires the item to be new and unused or unopened, and returned within 30 days of delivery, to receive a full refund. Partial refunds may be offered for opened/used products or items sent back after the 30-day window. Certain items or purchase seasons have different policies, including oversized item and holiday returns.
Give Back Box
Overstock participates in the Give Back Box program. After unpacking your order, you can repack the shipping box with donations to send to Goodwill. Fill up the box with gently used clothing and household goods, print out and attach the free shipping label from Overstock.com, then mail it out. In one Overstock order, you’ve saved on designer goods, decluttered your home and helped those in need.
NerdWallet takes you shopping
Overstock’s promises of deep savings are enticing, especially for bargain hunters with designer tastes. But since most of the store’s items are excess inventory from other retailers, its low prices are more likely to be found on older product models or last season’s styles. You can still shop for the latest Apple product or Nike sneakers on Overstock.com, but the chance that those items will be discounted is slim. To maximize your savings, shop through the store’s clearance and flash deal sections, or hold off on purchasing until the next major holiday sale event.