The Marriott Bonvoy Bold™ Credit Card is one of the few hotel credit cards that has an annual fee of $0. It’s a hassle-free way to score some perks and points for the Bonvoy program, or to test the hotel loyalty waters.
Although the card’s simplicity is one of its selling points, there are a few things to do after signing up for the card to ensure you’re getting the most from it.
Hit that minimum spend
The Marriott Bonvoy Bold™ Credit Card currently offers this sign-up bonus: Earn 50,000 Bonus Points after you spend $2,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
That bonus represents a huge part of the value of this card. Those points can be used in countless ways to score free hotel stays around the world. The card’s other perks, like Silver Elite status and 3 points per $1 spent at Marriott properties, are more modest.
So making a plan to hit that minimum spend in the first three months is crucial. Don’t just wing it and hope to put enough money on it through random purchases — those three months will fly by.
Download the Marriott app
- Book rooms with cash.
- Book rooms with points.
- Manage existing reservations.
- Manage your account.
- Utilize mobile key, allowing you to bypass the front desk and go straight to your room.
- Send mobile requests for things like shampoo, soap, toothbrush and other essentials while staying at a Marriott Bonvoy property.
Plan your points payoff
The sign-up bonus won’t land in your account until after you’ve hit the minimum spend requirement, but it’s worth familiarizing yourself with how the Bonvoy programs works.
Remember: Marriott offers a valuable fifth night free on award bookings of four consecutive nights, so looking for longer stays at lower-end properties is a great way to get even more from your (potential) points.
One last note: Your Bonvoy account should already be tied to your new Marriott Bonvoy Bold™ Credit Card card, along with the Silver Elite status that comes with it. That said, make sure to check your account after signup to verify.
How to maximize your rewardsYou want a travel credit card that prioritizes what’s important to you. Here are our picks for the best travel credit cards of 2019, including those best for:
- Airline miles and a large bonus: The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- No annual fee: The Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card
- Flat-rate rewards with no annual fee: The Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card
- Premium travel rewards: The Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- Luxury perks: The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Business travelers: The Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card
Planning a trip? Check out these articles for more inspiration and advice:
Find the best travel credit card for you
Snag these hotel loyalty perks, even if you’re disloyal
Marriott Bonvoy Bold™ Credit Card review: Loyalty at a lower price