Any news about expanding loyalty programs coming out of Europe is good for the world traveler on a budget.
AccorHotels took a page out of the Marriott and Starwood merger playbook and merged its loyalty program, Le Club AccorHotels, with its luxury rewards programs earlier this summer: Fairmont President’s Club, Swissôtel Circle and Raffles Ambassadors.
The result is a combined redemption reach of 3,500 hotels throughout the world. Make sure you are earning and redeeming airline miles that work for you, so you can get to these destinations with money to spare.
What you need to know
- New members’ status with Le Club AccorHotels will be based on their original program’s status and stay history for the past six months.
- The exclusive advantages and services that members of Fairmont President’s Club, Swissôtel Circle and Raffles Ambassadors are used to are still available to them, according to their status. Additionally, they now can use their points to buy from an exclusive online store or reserve more than 550 once-in-a-lifetime experiences (for example, access to the US Open or the Tony Awards).
- You can earn and redeem points (and bonuses and upgrades) with a wider selection of properties:
- Economy brands: ibis Styles and ibis
- Luxury/upscale brands: Raffles, Fairmont, Sofitel, MGallery, Pullman and Swissôtel
- Midscale brands: Novotel, Mercure and Mama Shelter
How to maximize your rewardsYou want a travel credit card that prioritizes what’s important to you. Here are our picks for the best travel credit cards of 2020, including those best for:
- Airline miles and a large bonus: The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- No annual fee: The Wells Fargo Propel American Express® card
- Flat-rate rewards with no annual fee: The Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card
- Premium travel rewards: The Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- Luxury perks: The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Business travelers: The Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card
Planning a trip? Check out these articles for more inspiration and advice:
Don’t let hidden hotel fees spoil your stay
How to snag credit card rewards flights in peak season
9 easy ways to earn travel rewards you’ll actually use