The airline that currently serves up the most flight patterns throughout several locations south of the border plans to increase travelers’ options considerably. American Airlines will be rolling out new domestic and international flights from several busy hubs in 2019.
AA has hubs in Chicago; Dallas/Fort Worth; Charlotte, North Carolina; Los Angeles; Miami; New York; Philadelphia; Phoenix and Washington, D.C.
Domestic routes from Dallas/Fort Worth
The airline’s largest hub, Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW), will be extending services with 15 new regional gates throughout the upcoming summer. On March 3, 2019, this expansion will provide a new service to Valley International Airport (HRL) in Harlingen, Texas, as well as new, additional domestic routes from DFW.
Part of the airline’s plan, the new routes will increase DFW’s daily operations from about 800 departures to nearly 900 departures by the summer of 2019.
March 3, 2019 will mark the beginning of new daily, year-round service for:
- DFW–Augusta Regional Airport (AGS) in Georgia.
- DFW–Gainesville Regional Airport (GNV) in Florida.
- DFW–Yuma International Airport (YUM) in Arizona.
- DFW–Meadows Field Airport (BFL) in Bakersfield, California.
New daily service for these three routes will begin on April 2, 2019:
- DFW–Monterey Regional Airport (MRY) in California (seasonal).
- DFW–Flagstaff Pulliam Airport (FLG) in Arizona (year-round).
- DFW–Hollywood Burbank Airport (BUR) in California (year-round).
Additionally, the existing international destinations from airports such as DFW, Miami International Airport (MIA) and LaGuardia Airport (LGA) in New York will see increased service options beginning next year.
A new flight from MIA to Antonio Maceo Airport (SCU) in Santiago de Cuba is set to begin May 3, 2019. This will mark the sixth destination in Cuba and will be a daily flight. Beginning June 6, 2019, there will be a new service from DFW to Durango International Airport (DGO) in Mexico.
Honduras, Aruba and the Dominican Republic will be destinations that will see extended services beginning in summer of 2019
Additional new destinations
American will also operate the following new routes next year:
Beginning Feb. 14, new daily service:
- Reagan National Airport (DCA) in Washington, D.C.–Will Rogers Airport (OKC) in Oklahoma City.
- LGA–McGhee Tyson Airport (TYS) in Knoxville, Tennessee.
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) in New York–San Antonio International Airport (SAT) in Texas.
Beginning April 2, new daily service:
- LAX–Tulsa International Airport (TUL) in Oklahoma.
Beginning June 8, new seasonal service:
- Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT)–Cherry Capital Airport (TVC) in Traverse City, Michigan
Tickets for these newly added flights are available for purchase now. Get your tickets early and allow plenty of time for planning the perfect trip to one of the local or international destinations.
These new destinations and daily flights will allow easy travel for new and expert travelers. Pack a bag, grab your passport and see where one of the new flights can take you. Use a travel rewards credit card and earn points to redeem on future trips.
NerdWallet does not guarantee promotions, prices or routes. They are subject to change or expiration.
How to maximize your rewardsYou want a travel credit card that prioritizes what’s important to you. Here are our picks for the best travel credit cards of 2019, including those best for:
- Airline miles and a large bonus: The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- No annual fee: The Wells Fargo Propel American Express® card
- Flat-rate rewards with no annual fee: The Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card
- Premium travel rewards: The Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- Luxury perks: The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Business travelers: The Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card
Planning a trip? Check out these articles for more inspiration and advice:
Priceline’s top 15 millennial travel destinations
Fall 2018 hotel points promotions: Which ones are worth your time?
How to snag credit card rewards flights in peak season