Prepping for your next bout of wanderlust?
British Airways has you covered with its predictions for the top 19 destinations for 2019, which are based, in part, on new BA routes and booking data:
- Durban, South Africa
- Osaka, Japan
- Marrakech, Morocco
- Edinburgh, Scotland
- Sofia, Bulgaria
- Salzburg, Austria
- Cologne, Germany
- Sydney, Australia
- Kos, Greece
- Cancun, Mexico
- Las Vegas
If you want beaches
If an ocean vacation is on your mind, Seychelles is known for its stunning waters and coral. Barbados, Sydney, Kos, Cancun and Malta make the list.
» Learn more: Travel rewards bucket list: Showering on a plane en route to Seychelles
If you want history
Several cities on this list are known for their architecture and rich history. Cologne is the home of the gorgeous Cologne Cathedral. Marrakech, Morocco is known for its beautiful bath houses, and Osaka has several breathtaking shrines and temples.
If you want big city vibes
Dubai and Tokyo both make this list. The Dubai Mall had a staggering 80 million visitors in 2017. Las Vegas is great for night clubs, shows and casinos
If you want adventure
Sydney is full of things to do on land and sea. If you’d rather be on the slopes, Salzburg is home of world renowned ski resorts. You could go through caves in Barbados, or go hiking in Croatia.
If you want to see a few at once
Make the most of your trip and see a few of these top cities at once! If you go to Japan, you can see both Osaka and Tokyo with a ride on the Tokaido Shinkansen train line. According to the Osaka Station Guide, this will set you back about $120 (13,620 yen) one way but is a convenient way to get between the two cities. You could also take a backpacking trip through Europe and hit several cities on this list.
If you want to stay in the U.S.
Not sure if you can swing an international vacation? Two U.S. cities made the list: Pittsburgh and Las Vegas.
How to maximize your rewardsYou want a travel credit card that prioritizes what’s important to you. Here are our picks for the best travel credit cards of 2018, including those best for:
- Airline miles and a large bonus: Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card (Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®).
- Flat-rate travel rewards: Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card (Earn unlimited 2 miles per dollar on every purchase).
- Premium travel rewards: Chase Sapphire Reserve® (Get 3 points per dollar on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide and 1 point per dollar on all other purchases).
- No annual fee: Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card (Earn unlimited 1.5 points per dollar spent on all purchases, with no annual fee).
- Luxury perks: The Platinum Card® from American Express (Get 5 points per dollar on flights booked directly with airlines or through American Express Travel, plus get access to the Global Lounge Collection). Terms Apply.
Planning a trip? Check out these articles for more inspiration and advice:
How I flew for free: Round trip NYC to India using Chase Ultimate Rewards
This strategy is how I started earning major travel rewards
How to snag credit card rewards flights in peak season