What you need to know
The three levels of coach mileage redemption: When you redeem mileage for a coach ticket on Hawaiian Airlines, there are three levels based on availability.
The lowest level isn’t discounted for flying between islands, but it is discounted if you’re flying from North America to Hawaii. It costs 7,500 miles for a one-way neighbor island ticket or 20,000 miles from North America. The North America ticket to Hawaii is discounted for Elite or credit cardholders to 17,500 miles. See the screenshot below for more details.
What to do if you don’t have elite status on Hawaiian Airlines: While it takes flying 30 segments in a year to qualify for Pualani Gold status, you can also get the same discounts just for having Hawaiian Airlines® World Elite Mastercard®. There is currently a 50,000 mile bonus offer that kicks in after the cardholder spends $3,000 on purchases in the first 90 days.
Since mileage amounts vary based on availability, the best way to get discounted mileage tickets is to book as soon as possible.
NerdWallet does not guarantee promotions, offers or rates. Terms and conditions apply.
How to maximize your rewardsYou want a travel credit card that prioritizes what’s important to you. Here are our picks for the best travel credit cards of 2019, including those best for:
- Airline miles and a large bonus: The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- No annual fee: The Wells Fargo Propel American Express® card
- Flat-rate rewards with no annual fee: The Bank of America® Travel Rewards Visa® credit card
- Premium travel rewards: The Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- Luxury perks: The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Business travelers: The Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card
Planning a trip? Check out these articles for more inspiration and advice:
Don’t let hidden hotel fees spoil your stay
How to snag credit card rewards flights in peak season
Southwest announces service to 4 Hawaii airports