OSLA Customer Service: What It Can Do and How to Contact

OSLA is one of seven federal student loan servicers that manage loans.

Many or all of the products featured here are from our partners who compensate us. This may influence which products we write about and where and how the product appears on a page. However, this does not influence our evaluations. Our opinions are our own. Here is a list of our partners and here's how we make money.

Find the latest

The Oklahoma Student Loan Authority, or OSLA, is one of seven companies that service federal student loans by collecting and tracking payments. If OSLA is your student loan servicer, here’s what it can help you do.

  • Register for online access to your account. Once you have access you can contact OSLA, access your monthly billing statements and pay bills.

  • Enroll in autopay. OSLA can deduct your payments automatically from your bank account. Signing up for autopay will reduce your interest by 0.25 percentage point.

  • Sign up for income-driven repayment. You can request income-driven repayment, which limits your student loan payments to a percentage of your income, by completing a paper form with OSLA. (You can apply online on studentaid.gov and then recertify your income each year online as well.)

  • Process deferment and forbearance requests. OSLA can help you temporarily stop making payments or reduce your payment amount if you qualify. This helps you stay in good standing to avoid default. But during any periods of deferment or forbearance, interest can continue to build.

  • Process monthly payments and extra payments. OSLA will track and collect your payments. If you want to make additional payments, you can instruct OSLA (online, by phone or by mail) to apply extra payments to your current balance. Otherwise, it may apply the additional amount to next month’s payment instead.

Your loan servicer is assigned by the U.S. Department of Education when your loan is disbursed to your college for the first time. The name of the company sending you a federal loan bill every month is your servicer. If your loan payments haven’t begun or you’re not sure which company is your servicer, log in to My Federal Student Aid to find out. You can also get in touch with any of the loan servicer contact centers by calling 1-800-4-FED-AID.

Servicers are there to help you, but they may offer choices that are best for the company, not the borrower. That means they can’t change how payments are processed and may not suggest the most beneficial repayment option for you. It’s most important to know your repayment options so you can know the right questions to ask.

Am I stuck with OSLA until my loans are paid off?

Loans are sometimes transferred from one servicer to another by the Department of Education.

The Department of Education is planning to shift the student loan servicing landscape by signing new servicing contracts with five companies to eventually take over all loan servicing. That means your loan servicer is likely to change. OSLA is scheduled to continue servicing loans through December 2023.

Prior to servicing contracts ending, borrowers should do the following:

  • Download and save your payment history from your online account or request a copy from your servicer.

  • Update your contact information with your most recent address, phone number and email address.

You’ll be notified when a loan servicing transfer happens, and you’ll manage payments with the new servicer. All servicers deliver the same options and programs, but customer service may differ from one to another.

Otherwise, you are likely to remain with OSLA unless you act to switch servicers. Use this tool to find out what might work for you.

How to reach OSLA customer service

OSLA Phone number: 866-264-9762

OSLA Hours of operation: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. CT

OSLA address for loan payments:

U.S. Department of Education - OSLA

P.O. Box 4278

Portland, OR 97208-4278

OSLA address for general correspondence:


P.O. Box 18475

Oklahoma City, OK 73154-0475

OSLA website: public.osla.org

OSLA email: [email protected]

OSLA social channel: OSLA Facebook

How to complain about OSLA

If you’re having difficulty with OSLA that you have been unable to resolve, start by filing a complaint directly with Mary Anne Evans, customer service support supervisor, the servicer's highest customer service point person. Call 405-556-9232 or email [email protected].

If your issue goes unresolved, you can also make complaints about OSLA to:

Make sure to keep records of conversations you have, including the day, time and customer service representative you spoke with. Keep copies of any letters, bills or emails about your account.

How to settle a dispute with OSLA

If a complaint doesn’t help, you can contact the Federal Student Aid Ombudsman Group. This method should be used only as a last resort, says the federal student aid office. When you’re ready to reach out, here’s how to get in touch:

Phone: 877-557-2575

By mail: U.S. Department of Education

FSA Ombudsman Group

P.O. Box 1843

Monticello, KY 42633

You can also reach out to a student loans nonprofit such as The Institute of Student Loan Advisors, which provides free dispute resolution.

The seven federal student loan servicers

Learn more about each of the federal loan servicers, including what they can do and how to contact.

Aidvantage (formerly Navient)

American Education Services manages only FFEL Program debt.

Default Resolution Group services only federal students loans in default.

Spot your saving opportunities
See your spending breakdown to show your top spending trends and where you can cut back.