- Vanguard is offering a new actively managed equity fund that seeks to provide investors with long-term time horizons exposure to the global equity market with reduced volatility. The fund is called the Vanguard Global Minimum Volatility Fund, and is expected to be available by Q4 2013. The fund expects to invest around half its assets in domestic equities and half in international.
- Fidelity is hosting a contest that aims to find and fund a single innovative idea designed to improve the financial literacy of high school students in low income areas. Fidelity will fund the winning idea up to $100,000 with a pilot test through a collaboration with a non-profit organization or institution.
- Charles Schwab is testing out a program to allow financial advisors to receive electronic authorization from clients for wire transfers. Advisors will be able to send notifications to clients through a mobile Schwab app. Of course, it’s also important for advisors to also call clients to make sure they requested the wire.
Read More From NerdWallet:
- How to Open An Online Brokerage Account in 5 Steps
- Study: 81% of Americans Don’t Know How to Open an Online Brokerage Account
- NerdWallet’s Recommended Brokers for Penny Stock Trading