» This offer has expired
The limited-time offer described in this article expired in August 2018. See our details page on the The Business Platinum® Card from American Express for the current offer.
Business owners who have been thinking about getting The Business Platinum® Card from American Express have a little extra motivation to take the plunge. Through Aug. 8, 2018, the high-end business travel card is offering new cardholders up to 100,000 bonus Membership Rewards points.
The full bonus is earned in two stages and requires $25,000 in spending within the first three months.
NerdWallet values Membership Rewards points at about 1 cent each, so the bonus can return $1,000 worth of value, enough to offset the annual fee of $595 for the first two years.
Frequent business travelers who enjoy premium perks will find that The Business Platinum® Card from American Express delivers. The card’s features include:
- 5 points per $1 spent on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com
- 1.5 points per dollar on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more
- 1 point per dollar on all other purchases
- $200 annual credit for incidental airline fees
- Access to more than 1,100 airport lounges worldwide through the Global Lounge collection, including AmEx’s exclusive Centurion lounges
- Gold status in the Marriott Bonvoy and Hilton Honors hotel loyalty programs
- Statement credit of up to $100 every four years for the Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fee
The enhanced welcome bonus is available only to new cardholders who have never had The Business Platinum® Card from American Express before.