» This offer has expired
The limited-time offer described in this article expired in August 2018. See our details page about The Business Platinum Card® from American Express for the current offer.
Business owners who have been thinking about getting The Business Platinum Card® from American Express have a little extra motivation to take the plunge. Through Aug. 8, 2018, the high-end business travel card is offering new cardholders up to 100,000 bonus Membership Rewards points.
The full bonus is earned in two stages and requires $25,000 in spending within the first three months.
NerdWallet values Membership Rewards points at about 1 cent each, so the bonus can return $1,000 worth of value, enough to offset the annual fee of $595 for the first two years.
Frequent business travelers who enjoy premium perks will find that The Business Platinum Card® from American Express delivers. The card’s features include:
- 5 points per $1 spent on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com
- 1.5 points per dollar on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more
- 1 point per dollar on all other purchases
- $200 annual credit for incidental airline fees
- Access to more than 1,100 airport lounges worldwide through the Global Lounge collection, including AmEx’s exclusive Centurion lounges
- Gold status in the Marriott Bonvoy and Hilton Honors hotel loyalty programs
- Statement credit of up to $100 every four years for the Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fee
The enhanced welcome bonus is available only to new cardholders who have never had The Business Platinum Card® from American Express before.