Business owners who have been thinking about getting The Business Platinum® Card from American Express have a new reason. The high-end business travel card is offering new cardholders up to 100,000 bonus Membership Rewards points. Terms apply.
Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Terms Apply.
Previously, the second tier of that bonus — the bonus for additional spending — offered just 25,000 extra points after you spent an additional $10,000 in the first three months.
NerdWallet values Membership Rewards points at about 1 cent each, so the bonus can return $1,000 worth of value, more than enough to offset the annual fee of $595.
Frequent business travelers who enjoy premium perks will find that The Business Platinum® Card from American Express delivers:
- 5 points per $1 spent on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- 1.5 points per dollar on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more.
- 1 point per dollar on all other purchases.
- $200 annual credit for incidental airline fees.
- Access to more than 1,200 airport lounges worldwide through the Global Lounge Collection, including AmEx’s exclusive Centurion lounges.
- Gold status in the Marriott Bonvoy and Hilton Honors hotel loyalty programs.
- Statement credit every four years for the Global Entry application fee or every 4.5 years for TSA Precheck.
- Terms apply.
The enhanced welcome bonus is available only to new cardholders who have never had The Business Platinum® Card from American Express.