Now boarding the Brex Card for Startups: airline transfer partners.loyalty programs of six airlines:
- Aeromexico (Club Premier program).
- Air France/KLM (Flying Blue).
- Cathay Pacific (Asia Miles).
- Avianca (LifeMiles).
- Qantas (Qantas Frequent Flyer).
- Singapore Airlines (KrisFlyer).
For those who use only the Brex Card for Startups for all of their business spending (known as “Brex Exclusive” customers), the transfer ratio will be 1:1. For nonexclusive users — those who use the Brex Card for Startups but also other business cards — the ratio will be 1.5:1 (meaning 1.5 Brex rewards points will be needed for 1 airline mile).
“This was the most-requested enhancement to Brex rewards by our existing customers, so we’re thrilled to be able to deliver on our promise of continued improvement and innovation,” said Henrique Dubugras, co-founder and co-CEO of Brex, in a news release.
Designed for early-stage companies with significant cash flow, the $0-annual-fee Brex Card for Startups eschews the traditional business credit card underwriting model of requiring a personal guarantee and evaluating credit scores. Instead, Brex looks at other factors to determine eligibility, including funding sources, cash flow and spending patterns. It’s a charge card, meaning that unlike traditional credit cards, the balance must be paid in full every 30 days.
Those who use the Brex Card for Startups exclusively for their business spending earn elevated rewards rates through its Exclusive rewards program:
- Earn 7 points per dollar spent on rideshares and taxis.
- Earn 4 points per dollar on travel booked through the Brex portal.
- Earn 3 points per dollar spent on restaurants.
- Earn 2 points per dollar on recurring software expenses.
- Earn 1 point per dollar on all other purchases.
Nonexclusive users earn a flat 1 point per dollar on all other spending.
The addition of airline transfer partners is the latest tweak to Brex’s rewards program. At the end of 2018, Brex rolled out corporate rates on travel bookings, via its integration of the TravelBank platform.