The Brex credit cards have been talked about a lot more since they introduced point transfers in late July 2019. With the ability to transfer points to six airlines, Brex points have become much more valuable and worth earning. Here are five great reasons the Brex Card for Startups or the Brex Card for Ecommerce should be on your radar if you have a startup or e-commerce business that qualifies.
1. Transfer points to six airlines
The ability to transfer your Brex points to six airline partners makes Brex points well worth earning:
- AeroMexico Club Premier.
- Cathay Pacific Asia Miles.
- Avianca LifeMiles.
- Air France/KLM Flying Blue.
- Qantas Frequent Flyer.
- Singapore KrisFlyer.
If you don’t know exactly what you would do with those points, just take a look at our Brex point redemption guide.
2. Great earning potential with Brex Exclusive
Depending on how you generally spend money for your business, you could rack up points seriously fast with the Brex Exclusive program spending categories. Here’s what you’ll earn:
- 7 points per $1 spent on rideshare purchases including Uber, Lyft, taxis and scooters.
- 4 points per $1 spent on Brex Travel purchases including flights, hotels and Airbnb stays.
- 3 points per $1 spent at restaurants and coffee shops.
- 2 points per $1 spent on recurring software subscriptions.
- 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchase.
The best part? There’s no cap on the points you can earn.
In order to be a Brex Exclusive member, you’ll have to commit to making Brex your exclusive corporate card. If you’re not part of the Brex Exclusive program, you’ll earn 1 point for every $1 you spend on the card.
3. Awesome extra cardholder perks
If you have a small business, there’s a good chance that you have a bunch of software and services that you pay for. The Brex Card for Startups and Brex Card for Ecommerce have over $50,000 in first-year savings built in as extra cardholder perks.
Now, there’s a good chance that this won’t actually save you $50,000 because you probably won’t need to use all of these services. But you can probably save at least a couple hundred or thousand dollars. Here are a few examples where you might find savings:
- Amazon Web Services — $5,000 credit over a year.
- WeWork — Up to 15% off list price for 6 months for any new U.S. office space.
- Twilio — $500 in Twilio credits to be used over one year.
- ZenDesk — $436 in credits per month for 12 months.
» Learn more: Brex launches card geared toward e-commerce companies
4. $0 annual fee and no personal guarantee
What makes the Brex Card for Startups special is the $0 annual fee. That means that once you get the card, all of the points you’re earning are pure extra profit for your business and you won’t have to worry about spending enough to offset the annual fee.
If you need to add a lot of authorized users, you will have small fees to consider. Your first five authorized users are free, but after that, it’ll cost you $5 per user, per month.
Brex does not require a personal guarantee to be approved for the Brex Card for Startups or Brex Card for Ecommerce. This means that your personal credit will not be checked, but Brex does require you to link your company bank account. The bank account will be used as a primary underwriting input.
5. Simplify your company finances with Brex Integrations
Brex integrates directly with QuickBooks, Xero, NetSuite and Expensify. This can help you simplify your company’s overall finances while you’re earning great rewards.
If you’re willing to make it your exclusive corporate card and therefore qualify for the Brex Exclusive rewards program, the Brex Card for Startups or Brex Card for Ecommerce are both strongly worth considering for the rewards alone. You’ll also have access to cardholder perks that can save you some serious cash during your first year as a Brex cardholder.
How to maximize your rewardsYou want a travel credit card that prioritizes what’s important to you. Here are our picks for the best travel credit cards of 2020, including those best for:
- Airline miles and a large bonus: The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- No annual fee: The Wells Fargo Propel American Express® card
- Flat-rate rewards with no annual fee: The Bank of America® Travel Rewards Visa® credit card
- Premium travel rewards: The Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- Luxury perks: The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Business travelers: The Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card
Planning a trip? Check out these articles for more inspiration and advice:
Brex Card rolls out big travel rewards for small businesses
4 great ways to maximize the new Brex transfer partnerships
Find the best travel credit card for you