Airline miles don’t just need to be for flying. Delta Air Lines offers members the chance to bid on luxury or once-in-a-lifetime moments called SkyMiles Experiences® using points from their reward program.
These work similar to a silent auction, where each item/option goes to the highest points bidder after a set amount of time. Some of the current auctions include:
- Tickets to the TIBI Spring 2019 NYC Fashion Week Show & a $1,000 gift card
- Dinner and kitchen tour at Per Se in NYC
- Three-night vacation package in San Francisco
You simply need to be a Delta SkyMiles® member to search and participate.
NerdWallet does not guarantee programs, promotions or perks. Terms and conditions apply.
How to maximize your rewardsYou want a travel credit card that prioritizes what’s important to you. Here are our picks for the best travel credit cards of 2019, including those best for:
- Airline miles and a large bonus: The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- No annual fee: The Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card
- Flat-rate rewards with no annual fee: The Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card
- Premium travel rewards: The Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- Luxury perks: The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Business travelers: The Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card
Planning a trip? Check out these articles for more inspiration and advice:
Every Lyft ride now comes with Delta SkyMiles®
How to choose an airline credit card
5 ways to save money and nab last-minute flight deals