Airline miles don’t just need to be for flying. Delta Air Lines offers members the chance to bid on luxury or once-in-a-lifetime moments called SkyMiles Experiences® using points from their reward program.
These work similar to a silent auction, where each item/option goes to the highest points bidder after a set amount of time. Some of the current auctions include:
- Tickets to the TIBI Spring 2019 NYC Fashion Week Show & a $1,000 gift card
- Dinner and kitchen tour at Per Se in NYC
- Three-night vacation package in San Francisco
You simply need to be a Delta SkyMiles® member to search and participate.
NerdWallet does not guarantee programs, promotions or perks. Terms and conditions apply.
How to maximize your rewardsYou want a travel credit card that prioritizes what’s important to you. Here are our picks for the best travel credit cards of 2018, including those best for:
- Airline miles and a large bonus: Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card (Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®).
- Flat-rate travel rewards: Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card (Earn unlimited 2 miles per dollar on every purchase).
- Premium travel rewards: Chase Sapphire Reserve® (Get 3 points per dollar on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide and 1 point per dollar on all other purchases).
- No annual fee: Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card (Earn unlimited 1.5 points per dollar spent on all purchases, with no annual fee).
- Luxury perks: The Platinum Card® from American Express (Get 5 points per dollar on flights booked directly with airlines or through American Express Travel, plus get access to the Global Lounge Collection). Terms Apply.
Planning a trip? Check out these articles for more inspiration and advice:
Every Lyft ride now comes with Delta SkyMiles®
How to choose an airline credit card
5 ways to save money and nab last-minute flight deals