Oahu is full of breathtaking landscapes and scenery, and the best part is that most are free!
Book a cheap flight and check out seven of my favorite spots.
1. Sunset Beach: This photo was taken of the sunset at the perfectly named Sunset Beach on the North Shore of Oahu.
2. Diamond Head Summit Trail: After hiking the Diamond Head Summit Trail, you’ll find yourself at the top of the dormant volcano with awesome views of the city.
3. Pearl Harbor: When visiting Pearl Harbor, you can purchase tickets to see the USS Arizona Memorial. The ferry ride over is the perfect opportunity to get an up-close picture of the entire memorial.
4. Makapu’u Point Lighthouse Trail: The scenic Makapu’u Point Lighthouse Trail on the southeast part of the island takes you along the beautiful Kaiwi shoreline overlooking the beach and the lighthouse, which was built in 1909.
5. Maunawili Falls: Getting a photo of Maunawili Falls is not easy, considering you have to hike two miles through the tropical valley just to get there, but seeing this beauty in person and capturing a cliff-jumping photo is well worth it.
6. Makapu’u tide pools: The Makapu’u tide pools are not only an awesome spot to take a beautiful picture of the ocean, but also a great place to look at some of Hawaii’s ocean life up close.
7. Waikiki Beach: Waikiki Beach is Oahu’s most touristy beach, but the beautiful view of the city and Diamond Head volcano coming together make this beach a must visit.
Photos by Maria Can.
The views expressed here are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of NerdWallet or its partners.
Planning a trip? Check out these articles for more inspiration and advice:
Southwest Announces Service to 4 Hawaii Airports
How to Snag Credit Card Rewards Flights in Peak Season
A European Vacation You Can Afford