Now you can say you liked American Express’ benefits for Coachella attendees before they were cool.
AmEx is offering a slew of perks to eligible cardholders attending the popular outdoor Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival. This year, the event based in Indio, California, takes place over the course of two weekends — April 13-15 and April 20-22 — and is headlined by The Weeknd, Beyonce and Eminem.
For AmEx cardholders already heading to Coachella, these additional perks can make the whole experience a little more luxurious at no extra cost. To get these extra goodies, you just have to enter information about your eligible card in Coachella’s app.
Here’s what AmEx is offering to those going to this music festival:
- A $10 statement credit after spending $10 with participating vendors when using an enrolled AmEx card
- Access to the American Express Card Member Club
- A complimentary Ferris wheel ride for you and one guest
- Complimentary monogram embroidery on one item
- Access to an exclusive Uber priority lane for you and up to five guests
Cardholders with The Platinum Card® from American Express or the Centurion card also get access to the Platinum House on April 14 and 15 at The Parker in Palm Springs, California, where they’ll find:
- Complimentary food and beverage
- Live music
- Fitness classes
- Makeup and hair services
Here’s how you can get these benefits, according to AmEx’s website:
- Download the Coachella app and activate your wristband
- Click on the American Express section in the left menu
- Enter your AmEx user ID and password to enroll
After that, you’ll be able to take advantage of these offers with your wristband for the festival. This offer is available only to folks with eligible AmEx cards. That includes valid AmEx consumer or small-business cards in the U.S. You can’t use AmEx cards issued by other financial institutions, prepaid cards or corporate cards for this offer.
This promotion is just another way AmEx is working on appealing to millennials, a group that represents a large portion of its card business. Millennials opened 36% of AmEx’s new accounts in 2017, the issuer shared in a recent investor day presentation. (The age range for this group was not specified in the presentation.)
If you want these Coachella perks but aren’t a cardholder, there’s still time to apply for an eligible American Express card and get benefits before the big event.