Holiday gift-giving is all about being thoughtful toward family and loved ones. Why not be thoughtful about your credit card rewards, too, by exploring your card’s bonus mall?
Bonus malls are online portals that can earn you extra rewards on top of what your credit card might already offer for regular spending. And as usual, there’ll be plenty of that this season. Consumers plan to spend an average of $967.13 this year on holiday expenses, according to the National Retail Federation.
That kind of spending can net you some decent cash back or points. And if your card gives you access to one of these bonus malls, you could boost your rewards even further with these holiday deals.
- Wells Fargo Earn More Mall: For a limited time, holiday specials for eligible cardholders include bonus rewards at Macy’s (2%), Bed Bath & Beyond (7%) and Under Armour (10%). The percentage of rewards is earned as cash back or points, depending on the type of account you have.
- Chase Ultimate Rewards® bonus mall: Chase’s online portal is featuring seasonal offers with merchants like Macy’s (10% cash back), Levi’s (8% cash back), J.C. Penney (8% cash back) and Nike (8% cash back).
- Barclaycard RewardsBoost: This mall offers a Holiday Extra Reward Series that features many merchants. Earn extra rewards with merchants like Things Remembered (7 points per $1 spent), The Body Shop (5 points per $1 spent) and World Market (4 points per $1 spent). Certain retailers also showcase discount offers.
The Citi Bonus Cash Center also offers the opportunity to earn more rewards for shopping, but it isn’t currently offering any specific categories for holiday spending.
If you’re interested in earning miles toward travel, you may also want to explore airline bonus malls. Unlike at credit-card-specific bonus malls, you can generally use any card you want at airline bonus malls. The following online portals offer a one-time holiday bonus based on how much you spend:
- American Airlines AAdvantage eShopping mall: Through Nov. 19, 2017, spend $150 and earn 500 bonus miles, spend $600 and earn 2,000 bonus miles, or spend $1,200 and earn 4,000 bonus miles.
- United Airlines MileagePlus shopping mall: Through Nov. 19, 2017, spend $150 and get 500 bonus miles, spend $750 and get 2,500 bonus miles, or spend $1,500 and get 5,000 bonus miles.
- Delta SkyMiles Shopping mall: Through Nov. 19, 2017, spend $150 and earn 500 bonus miles, or spend $300 and earn 1,000 bonus miles.
So if skipping the crowds and long lines at stores will help you hang on to your holiday spirit, shop your credit card’s bonus mall. You’ll get more value without having to leave your house, and you can use your extra rewards to buy more gifts — or treat yourself when you cross the holiday shopping finish line.