» This offer has expired
This promotion ended on Nov. 4, 2017. See our page on Chase Ultimate Rewards® for other ways to earn points.
There’s a new reason to finally set up that digital wallet on your smartphone: It could help you earn more Chase Ultimate Rewards® points.
For a limited time, Chase is offering bonus rewards for eligible digital wallet purchases made with its Sapphire cards, including the:
- Chase Sapphire (no longer accepting applications)
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Chase Sapphire Reserve®
During the promotion period, you can earn 1 additional point per dollar spent on up to $1,500 in purchases with these cards when paying with an eligible digital wallet: Chase Pay, Android Pay, Apple Pay or Samsung Pay.
For example, if you have the Chase Sapphire Reserve®, your earnings on qualifying digital wallet purchases will look like this:
|Points per dollar spent||Additional points per dollar spent from limited-time digital wallet offer||Total points per dollar spent|
|Travel and dining purchases||3||1||4|
|All other purchases||1||1||2|
Here are other details:
- It’s a limited-time offer. The promotion runs from Oct. 4 to Nov. 4, according to the Chase website.
- You can earn bonus points on up to $1,500 in purchases. That gets you up to 1,500 extra points on top of what you already earn through your Sapphire card.
- You earn bonus points only on purchases. You won’t earn bonus points on other transactions, such as balance transfers or cash advances. You also won’t earn rewards on refunded purchases.
- You won’t qualify for this bonus if you switch products during the promotion. If you downgrade your Chase Sapphire Reserve® to a Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card, for example, you won’t be eligible for this offer.
Overall, this promotion doesn’t add up to a huge money. If you earned the maximum amount of points possible through this promotion and redeemed your rewards for travel on the Chase Sapphire Reserve card, those points would be worth $22.50 — not exactly mind-blowing, but still a nice boost.