If luxury is the name of your traveling game, you’ll want to choose a credit card offer with private travel benefits, like access to airport lounges and chauffeured cars. Here are our favorite credit card offers with luxurious benefits.
Citi Prestige® Card: Best for high ongoing rewards and perks
If you want high rewards and tons of perks, the Citi Prestige® Card is the card for you. It offers 3X points on each dollar spent on airfare and hotels, 2X points on each dollar spent on dining and entertainment, and 1 point on everything else. There’s also a signup bonus: Earn 40,000 bonus points after spending $4,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening* (This offer is no longer valid on our site) Points are redeemable for a multitude of rewards, like travel, cash, merchandise and gift cards.
But you’re here for the extra perks. What does the Citi Prestige® Card offer that you can’t get from just any old rewards card? We can think of a few perks worth mentioning:
- Annual $250 air travel credit to pay for things like tickets, checked baggage fees or upgrades
- Relationship points bonus of 15% or 25% if you’re a Citigold or Global Client banking member, or a Private Banking client
- Complimentary fourth night on any hotel stay
- 24/7 concierge service
- Access to golf courses and airport lounges
- $100 credit toward your Global Entry application fee
A luxury card comes with a luxury annual fee of $450. The card doesn’t have foreign transaction fees and it’s chipped for more secure transactions in the United States and abroad.
The Platinum Card® from American Express: Best for a huge signup bonus and first-class companion discountsThe Platinum Card® from American Express is a great choice, as it offers potential discounts on first-class seats. The card offers 1 point per dollar you spend and a killer signup bonus: Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months. Terms Apply. Points are redeemable for a variety of rewards, including travel, gift cards, Amazon purchases and more.
The Platinum Card® from American Express is a charge card, not a credit card, meaning there isn’t a credit limit, and the balance must be paid in full by the end of the month if you don’t want to incur a large penalty. If you think you’re likely to carry a balance from time to time, you should choose a low interest credit card.
Now, let’s talk perks. Here’s what you’ll get with The Platinum Card® from American Express:
- Annual airline credit up to $200 to be used for incidental expenses
- Complimentary access to more than 1,000 airport lounges
- Discounted first-class or business tickets for your traveling companion when you purchase an eligible first-class or business ticket on an international flight
- $100 credit toward your Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fee
- Access to the Platinum Dining and By Invitation Only programs, which get you into acclaimed U.S. restaurants and exclusive events
- Complimentary gold status in the Hilton HHonorsTM and Starwood Preferred Guest hotel chains’ rewards programs
Like the Citi Prestige® Card, The Platinum Card® from American Express has a high annual fee of $550. There are no foreign transaction fees, but be be aware that American Express isn’t as widely accepted as Visa and MasterCard.
Image via iStock.