Aw nerds! It looks like this page may be out of date. Please visit NerdWallet’s Best Credit Cards page for updated info.
As we’ve commonly griped, 5% cash rewards credit cards like the Discover More, Chase Freedom, and Citibank Dividend Platinum Select only pay their maximum bonuses on pre-selected categories that change each quarter. Plus they require you to sign up online every quarter to receive them. To us, this seems like a scheme to minimize, rather than maximize, your rewards.
But those of you who fully understand the many rules and limitations may still be able to take advantage of these cards to their fullest and earn your 5%. So to help you guys, here’s our reminder to opt-in to the following rewards programs ASAP, to make sure you get everything you signed up for. These promotions run now through the end of December.
- Get 5% cash back on restaurants, department stores, and clothing stores
- Rewards are limited to up to $300 of purchases, so you’ll only earn 1% beyond that
- Get 5% cash rewards on grocery stores, department stores, and movies
- Rewards are limited to up to $1,500 of purchases, so you’ll only earn 1% beyond that
Citibank Dividend Platinum Select
- Earn 5% cash back on department stores, clothing stores, and electronics stores
- Citi Dividend Dollar accumulation is limited to $300 in any given year, except for purchases from the Citi Bonus Cash Center, where there are no limits