This offer has expired
If you enjoy travel bargains, you might want to make some time this weekend for Expedia’s Semi-Annual Sale.
Beginning at 9 a.m. Pacific time on April 20, 2018, you’ll have four days to browse Expedia’s app and website for coupons and discounts on hotels, car rentals, cruises, flights and activities. Check both the app and website, as each will offer different opportunities for savings.
The sale runs through April 23, 2018, which gives you the weekend to plan your next trip — but don’t wait too long, because some coupons are first-come, first-served. Your travel dates will need to be between April 20 and Aug. 31, 2018.
The promotion includes deals and rates travelers usually get on Black Friday, according to an Expedia news release. Among the deals you can expect over the four-day period:
- Exclusive on-sale hotels on Expedia.com, with flights provided by Delta Air Lines
- Up to 50% off at over 1,400 select hotels on Expedia.com
- Coupons for $50 off a $200 standalone hotel on Expedia’s website
- Coupons for 90% off select hotels on the Expedia app (limited availability)
- Coupons for $750 off a $1,000 travel package on Expedia’s website (limited availability)
- Coupons for 25% off select hotels on the Expedia app (limited availability)
- Coupons for 20% off select hotels on Expedia’s website (limited availability)
Coupons can be applied on top of hotel discounts on select properties, says Expedia spokesperson Alexis Tiacoh via email. Exclusions will be listed on Expedia’s terms and conditions pages available on the semiannual sale’s landing page.
In addition to discounts, you can also earn rewards. Expedia Rewards members earn 2 points per $1 spent on hotels, vacation packages, activities, car rentals or cruises; and 1 point per $5 spent on flights. Joining the loyalty program is free.
Members also get early access to the sale, with a one-hour head start at 8 a.m. Friday, Tiacoh says. Members will get an email link that grants them early access. You must have signed up for Expedia Rewards at least 48 hours prior to the sale to qualify for early access. You can earn double the points on all purchases made in Expedia’s app.
Cardholders of the Expedia®+ Card from Citi or the Expedia®+ Voyager Card from Citi can earn even more points with purchases:
- The Expedia®+ Card from Citi earns 3 Expedia+ bonus points per $1 spent on eligible Expedia purchases including flights, hotels, activities and travel packages; and 1 Expedia+ bonus point per $1 spent on all other purchases. Its annual fee is $0.
- The Expedia®+ Voyager Card from Citi earns 4 Expedia+ bonus points per $1 spent on eligible Expedia purchases including flights, hotels, activities and travel packages; 2 Expedia+ bonus points per $1 spent on dining out and entertainment; and 1 Expedia+ bonus point per $1 spent on all other purchases. It has a $95 annual fee.