You might want to book your upcoming summer vacation on a Thursday.
The cash-back shopping portal site Ebates announced it would be offering a weekly limited-time promotion on select hotels booked through the site on Thursdays until the end of March. Dubbed Travel Thursdays, this promotion is an outstanding way to rake in more rewards for free, with minimal effort. The downsides: That cash back may take a long time to land in your bank account, and you typically can’t pair these offers with other special rates or discounts.
Here’s what you need to know about this penultimate-weekday promotion:
- The deals are available once a week, until the end of March. These Travel Thursday promotions will be available beginning at 9 p.m. Pacific time on Wednesday and ending at 11:50 p.m. Pacific time on Thursday. Visit www.ebates.com/tt during the promotions to see the offers available.
- There are two ways to save:
1) You can get up to 10% cash back in savings on hotels booked through Ebates.
2) You can get up to 50% savings in cash back and discounts on other travel purchases featured that week. Each week has a different promotional theme. More on that later.
- You have to have an Ebates account to earn the rewards. It’s free to set one up.
- You can double- or triple-dip with certain rewards programs through this promotion. For example, say you booked a Hilton stay through Ebates because it was part of the promotion. Ebates confirms you’d also be able to use your Hilton loyalty number when booking the stay, allowing you to earn rewards through both Ebates and Hilton. And if you paid with a credit card that earns rewards, you’d be earning rewards in three different ways on a single purchase. That could be incredibly lucrative.
- You’ll have to wait up to three months to receive your cash back. That’s because Ebates sends out payments on a quarterly basis. But if you’re not in a hurry to collect those rewards, it’s still worth it.
Each week, the featured deals — the ones you can save up to 50% on — will be part of a theme. Here are the themes for each week, according to Ebates:
- Feb. 22: Skiing — Aspen, Colorado; Park City, Utah; Vail, Colorado; Beaver Creek, Colorado; Jackson Hole, Wyoming; and Lake Tahoe in California and Nevada
- March 1: Europe — London; Paris; Rome; Amsterdam; Barcelona, Spain
- March 8: Beach trips — Rio de Janeiro; Cancún, Mexico; Cabo San Lucas, Mexico; Jamaica; Aruba
- March 15: Big cities — New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, Las Vegas
- March 22: Disney — Orlando, Florida; Anaheim, California
- March 29: Resorts — Miami; San Diego; Maui, Hawaii; Fort Lauderdale, Florida; Phoenix