The newest co-branded credit card for the IHG family of hotel brands reins in the free anniversary night benefit that was a popular feature of the old IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card.IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card, still offers a certificate for a free night’s stay on every account anniversary. However, the certificate can be used only at IHG hotels where a free night would cost 40,000 points or less. On the old card, which is no longer taking applications, the free night was good at virtually any IHG hotel — including more expensive properties with higher redemption values.
The InterContinental Hotel Group, or IHG, includes Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza, Candlewood Suites and Kimpton, among others.
Issued by Chase, the new IHG card also offers:
- 10 points per $1 spent at IHG hotels (NerdWallet values IHG points at an average of 0.7 cents apiece)
- 2 points per $1 spent at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- A sign-up bonus: Earn 80,000 bonus points after spending $2,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening.
- One free night when you redeem points for any stay of four or more nights
- Automatic Platinum Elite Member status in the IHG Rewards program; this status gives perks such as exclusive rates and point bonuses, complimentary room upgrades, extended checkout times and free internet access, depending on availability
- Reimbursement of up to $100 every five years for the application fee for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck
The card has an annual fee of $89. The old IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card had an annual fee of $0 for the first year, then $49.
Information related to the IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card was collected by NerdWallet and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer of this card.