There are a lot of great credit cards out there that do not pay websites referral fees. The following cards nominated by our staff, to our knowledge, are unknown in the world of credit card aggregation websites:
- Fidelity has 3 cards that earn you 2% cash back into a Fidelity account. Investment Rewards American Express, Retirement Rewards American Express, and 529 College Rewards American Express.
- Chase offers a Subaru Credit Card that pays a whopping 3% back towards Subaru purchases. We are not aware of any other card that pays such a high rate. In addition you get 2,500 bonus points for signing up, or the equivalent of $25.
- American Express offers the Hilton HHonors card, which is the best deal around if you stay at Hilton hotels. The card has no annual fee and pays 1 point for the first $20,000 of spending per year then 1.25 points thereafter. The real kicker is the card pays a bonus for joining and 6 points per mile spent on Gas, Groceries, Drug Stores, and internet/wireless/phone bills. Depending on your circumstances you could be even better off with the Hilton HHonors Surpass, please try out our rewards calculator to decide for yourself.
- Bank of America has 2 cards that rank well in both rewards and APR & Balance Transfer promotions: Choice Privileges & Wyndham Rewards Platinum. Both cards earn 2% back on everything.
- US Bank & Bank of America appear repeatedly at the top of our rankings for best Low APR credit cards and Balance Transfer credit cards, but do not pay for referrals and therefore do not appear on other sites. Among many great choices, the aforementioned Wyndham Rewards Platinum offers best in class 15 month 0% introductory Balance Transfer APR with a low ongoing APR of 8.24%.