» This offer has expired
The limited-time offer described in this article expired on May 1, 2019. See our details page on the IHG® Rewards Club Traveler Credit Card for a current offer on an IHG credit card.
The clock’s ticking on the chance to earn extra bonus points through the IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card.
Through May 1, 2019, the $89-annual-fee card is offering this generous sign-up bonus: Earn 80,000 bonus points after spending $2,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening, plus an additional 40,000 bonus points after spending a total of $5,000 on purchases within 6 months of account opening.
Once this limited-time offer expires, the card will no longer offer the opportunity for those additional 40,000 bonus points.
Its ongoing rewards structure and key perks will remain unchanged:
- Earn 10 points per $1 spent when you stay at an IHG hotel.
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants.
- Earn 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases.
- Earn a free night at IHG hotels after each card anniversary year.
- Get a free reward night when you redeem points for a hotel stay of four or more nights.
- Get a credit for Global Entry or TSA Precheck (up to $100 every four years) as reimbursement for the application fee charged to your card.
» MORE: NerdWallet’s best hotel cards
Redeem IHG Rewards Club Points for free hotel stays starting at 10,000 points. Or you can combine points with cash, starting with as few as 5,000 points, for a discount on a hotel reservation, or save on other travel expenses, like flights and car rentals. You can also redeem points for merchandise, experiences, e-books and other digital entertainment.
While you can transfer your points to partner airlines, the exchange rate isn’t too impressive. For example, 10,000 IHG points translates to 2,000 points on American Airlines, Delta and United.
IHG points are worth an average of 0.6 cent per point, according to NerdWallet valuations.