Sometimes you need a fast cash loan, whether it’s to pay for car repairs, unexpected medical bills or moving expenses. One source is online lenders, many of which provide funding for personal loans the same day or by the next day.
Compare these options for fast cash personal loans from online lenders.
Quick loans with same-day funding: LightStream, Rocket Loans, OneMain
• APR: 3.34% - 16.99% (with autopay).
• Loan amount: $5,000 - $100,000.
• Loan terms: 2 to 7 years.
• Minimum credit score: 660.
• Time to funding: As soon as the same day.
• Fees: None.
• APR: 5.98% - 29.99%.
• Loan amount: $2,000 to $45,000.
• Loan terms: 3 or 5 years.
• Minimum credit score: 640.
• Time to funding: Typically 24 hours.
• Fees: Origination fee of 1% - 6% of loan amount; fees for late payment, unsuccessful payment and personal check use.
OneMain Financial, an option for borrowers with poor credit, funds personal loans as soon as the same day if you complete an online application early in the day and visit a branch to receive your loan funds via check. Sending funds automatically to your bank account can take one to two business days.
• APRs: 16.05% - 35.99%
• Loan amount: $1,500-$30,000
• Loan terms: 2 to 5 years
• Minimum credit score: None, but borrowers average 600 to 650
• Time to funding: Same day
• Fees: Origination and late fees; both vary by state
Quick loans funded by the next day: Avant, Best Egg, Discover, LendingPoint, Upstart
• APR: 9.95% - 35.99%.
• Loan amount: $2,000 - $35,000.
• Loan terms: 2 to 5 years.
• Minimum credit score: 580.
• Time to funding: As soon as the next business day.
• Fees: Administrative fee of 4.75% of loan amount; fees for late payment and unsuccessful payment.
•APR: 5.99% - 29.99%
•Loan amount: $2,000 - $35,000
•Loan terms: 3 or 5 years
•Minimum credit score: 640; average is 700
•Time to funding: As fast as one day
•Fees: Origination fee of 0.99% - 5.99% of loan amount, late fee of $15
• APR: 6.99% - 24.99%
• Loan amount: $2,500 to $35,000
• Loan terms: 3 to 7 years
• Minimum credit score: 660
• Time to funding: Next-day, up to a week
• Fees: No origination fee. Fee for late payment
•APR: 15.49% - 35.99%
•Loan amount: $2,000 - $25,000
•Loan terms: 2 to 4 years
•Minimum credit score: 600
•Time to funding: Next day, in some cases
•Fees: Origination fee of up to 6% of loan amount; fees for late payment
Upstart personal loans can be funded by the next business day if you accept the loan offer by 5 p.m. ET. (Loans used for education-related expenses require a three-day waiting period.)
•APR: 8.89% - 35.99%
•Loan amount: $1,000 - $50,000
•Loan terms: 3 or 5 years
•Minimum credit score: 620
•Time to funding: Next business day
•Fees: Origination fee of 0% - 8% of loan amount. Fees for late payment and unsuccessful payment
Quick loans: Summary of options
|Lender||Fastest funding time||Get started|
|OneMain Financial||Same day|
|Rocket Loans||Same day (loans up to $25,000)|
|Best Egg||Next day|
Quick loans: What to know before you borrow
- Loans from payday lenders and pawnshops can get you money quickly, but these options carry high annual percentage rates. Loans from reputable online lenders may take longer, but they cost far less over the term.
- Before you apply for a personal loan, gather the data you need so the lender can more quickly verify your identity and other information.
- Calculate your estimated payments and determine how they impact your budget over the term length.
- Shop at multiple lenders and choose the loan with the lowest rate for a given term. Most online lenders run a soft credit check to estimate your rate, so your credit score won’t take a hit.
- If you can wait more than a week, credit union loans and bank loans are options. Federal credit unions also have “payday alternative loans” — with a maximum APR of 28%.
Quick cash without a loan
Before you make the decision to borrow, see if you can delay paying for the emergency expense or find interest-free sources of cash. Take the quiz below to explore your options: