This company is on the NerdWallet Student Loan Watch List. The list flags student-loan businesses and individuals hit by enforcement actions, court judgments or liens, or bad ratings from the Better Business Bureau. Learn more in Who Gets Listed.
Consolifi Inc. says it helps student-loan borrowers manage and consolidate their debt. The company and its CEO, Daniel J. Crenshaw, have incurred persistent delinquent debts, which can tie up a debtor’s assets until payment of money owed.
Two California state tax liens were filed against Consolifi in 2017 totaling more than $27,000.
- $10,521 California state tax lien filed in 2014
- $58,297 federal tax lien filed and released in 2014
- $8,045 civil judgment, listing Investment Retrievers LLC as the creditor, filed and released in 2014
- $13,523 federal tax lien filed in 2011 and released in 2013
What the company claims to provide: Debt consolidation and management, credit card counseling and consolidation services
Based: Irvine, California
Management: Daniel J. Crenshaw, listed as CEO, secretary and CFO in the organization’s incorporation papers. Crenshaw is also the managing member of Performance Settlement LLC and Performance SLC LLC, two other companies that have also incurred tax liens. He is also listed as the manager of Performa Tax LLC in that company’s papers. All four companies are located at the same Irvine address.
Crenshaw has also been involved in the following businesses, all of which were suspended by the California Franchise Tax Board for failing to meet tax obligations:
- DC Capital Corp.: Crenshaw is listed in papers as the CEO, CFO and secretary of the company
- Debt Restructure Market: Crenshaw is listed in papers as the CEO, CFO and secretary of the company
- Efficient Lending Corp.: Crenshaw is listed in papers as the CEO, CFO and secretary of the company, which has faced several liens and Uniform Commercial Code violations
Sources: California business filings; California secretary of state; California Franchise Tax Board