This company is on the NerdWallet Student Loan Watch List. The list flags student-loan businesses and individuals hit by enforcement actions, court judgments or liens, or bad ratings from the Better Business Bureau. Learn more in Who Gets Listed. Have you dealt with this business, or encountered a suspicious student-loan company that NerdWallet public interest reporters should investigate? Let us know at email@example.com.
Performance SLC LLC and owner Daniel J. Crenshaw have had outstanding debts and liens for unpaid taxes, which tie up a debtor’s assets until the money owed is paid.
Several state tax liens were filed against Performance SLC in 2017 totaling nearly $26,000.
- $10,521 California state tax lien filed in 2014
- $58,297 federal tax lien filed and released in 2014
- $8,045 civil judgment, listing Investment Retrievers LLC as the creditor, filed and released in 2014
- $13,523 federal tax lien filed in 2011 and released in 2013
What the company claims to provide: Student loan consolidation
Based: Irvine, California
Management: According to California business filings, Crenshaw is listed as the manager. He is also the CEO, CFO and secretary of Consolifi Inc., the managing member of Performance Settlement Inc., and the manager of Performa Tax LLC, all of which are located at the same Irvine address.
Crenshaw has also been involved in the following businesses, all of which have been suspended by the California Franchise Tax Board for failing to meet tax obligations:
- DC Capital Corp.: Crenshaw is listed as the CEO, CFO and secretary of the company.
- Debt Restructure Market: Crenshaw is listed as the CEO, CFO and secretary of the company.
- Efficient Lending Corp.: Crenshaw is listed as the CEO, CFO and secretary of the company.
Sources: California business filings; California Franchise Tax Board